Wichita State and the 2012-2013 Season

A list of links to message boards, game day audio, and local columnists.

Re: Wichita State and the 2012-2013 Season

Postby Ricardo del Rio » October 31st, 2012, 2:19 pm

LJay wrote:Judas Priest if you read Shockernet they can beat every NBA team without hardly breaking a sweat...and they lose to the Jackrabbits?!

WTF?!?!

Stay away from ShockerNet.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jays26 » October 31st, 2012, 4:04 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:
LJay wrote:Judas Priest if you read Shockernet they can beat every NBA team without hardly breaking a sweat...and they lose to the Jackrabbits?!

WTF?!?!

Hey.....if he wants to read a bunch of crap and get a "giggle" he has the right. 8-)
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SHOXMVC » October 31st, 2012, 5:13 pm

Jays26 wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:

WTF?!?!

Hey.....if he wants to read a bunch of crap and get a "giggle" he has the right. 8-)

I want to get to the bottom of the crap threads on SN. Get me started...which ones are crap?

Does SN have the corner market on crap threads (I know there genuinely are some), or do they appear on other prominent Valley fan boards as well?
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aargh » October 31st, 2012, 11:33 pm

Jays26 wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:

WTF?!?!

That's why ShockerNetters read MVCFans.

The giggles are better on SN than on MVCFans. Now, if MVCFans could get some SIU posters here again, those guys are among the most outstanding of any college fandom, but for some reason they have abandoned ValleyTalk - uh, MVCFans.

Is there anybody here other than a couple of BJ's and some offensive InSU, UNI and MSU posters? I'm sorry. I've misspoken. The BJ posters are also offensive.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ictjay » November 1st, 2012, 8:48 am

Hey.....if he wants to read a bunch of crap and get a "giggle" he has the right. 8-)[/quote]

The giggles are better on SN than on MVCFans. Now, if MVCFans could get some SIU posters here again, those guys are among the most outstanding of any college fandom, but for some reason they have abandoned ValleyTalk - uh, MVCFans.

Is there anybody here other than a couple of BJ's and some offensive InSU, UNI and MSU posters? I'm sorry. I've misspoken. The BJ posters are also offensive.[/quote]

Lets try this again. You haven't replied to my other posts because you know I was right and you were not.
People in Wichita (SN) are VERY thin-skinned. They will say/makeup anything if they feel threatened/disrespected (as Aargh says). Your posts offer 0 to MVC basketball discussion. You/Isaso/Cold come on here, fire away and run back to SN and giggle. And you wonder why you get hammered?
Read all the posts here regarding WSU and this season and you will see that 90% of the posts state that yea they could be 4th but they also could vie for the title. Alot of unknowns. Why you are blind to that, I don't know.
PS It is fun to read/post on SN now that CU is mentioned in every thread. Your head-honcho KAI is even stooping to your level.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aargh » November 1st, 2012, 10:56 am

ictjay, I tried to find any posts you were referring to that I had failed to respond to. I even searched for all your posts to find something worth responding to. I did manage to find one worth some comment. I didn't comment on it earlier because it was so presumptious and off the mark that I didn't feel it was worth replying to. So here goes:

I was there. Pretty spot on! Wessel hustles and hit a couple shots but he cannot defend. Got blown by twice. Slow feet, but will be a decent bench player.
I'm with you on the "bench player" part, but you've chosen to take the negative approach. Who blew past him? Maybe the guy driving past him was a really quick guy. WSU puts several of those guys on the court.
Hall and Early are players! Hall will be the center. Its his comfort zone. He ventured out and hit a couple mid range jumpers but for a "4", not active enough.
Hall spent the entire summer working on his shooting range, so he could be more effective at PF. Hall not active enough to play PF? That type of lack of observation doesn't deserve a response.
Early likes the perimeter. Once he figures what he can do underneath, he could be unstopable.
Early was recruited to be a SF. He's SUPPOSED to like the perimeter. You're criticizing him for doing what he's supposed to be doing. Due to Lufile's injury, Early may be seeing time at PF. Then you will have the opportunity to see that he does know what ot do and what he can do underneath.
E.O. Hit a couple of bunnies but he is still lost out there and has no clue how to pass. We quit counting at 6 fouls. He had 3 in 2 minutes. Strickly a backup.
You might be right on this one. Time will tell. Last year he couldn't hit bunnies. Did you notice that once the D adjusted to cut off Orukpe's bunnies that Jake White started scoring absolutely at will. The D had to cheat off White to prevent Orukpe from getting those bunnies.
White hit a couple of shots. He literally shot the ball every time he touched it. didn't get a lot of touches.
If the D is cheating off him to stop Orukpe, he's SUPPOSED to shoot it every time he touches it. He hit about 2/3 of the shots he took.
Same with Cotton. He was invisible.
He was invisible last year too, but if you look at the score differential when he entered games last year and the score differential when he came out of games, he was among the leaders on the team in the score going in the right direction when he was on the court. Cotton tends to disrupt the opponents offensive schemes, which is something many observers don't pick up.
Gregg was not pleased with shots being taken after 1 pass (though several went in)
It's a scrimmage. That stuff happens. Marshall sure didn't mention that in his comments to the media or in his talk show, so maybe you saw something that's called coaching. Marshall is not shy about going public with things he's stressing in practices and he didn't make a whisper about the "problem" you observed.
Wiggins is Greggs whipping boy. Athletic but seemed lost on the court.
Yep. Wiggins is currently a turnover machine who's struggling to forget JuCo and play D1 ball. By your own observation, Early doesn't seem to be having that typical adjustment period we expect from JuCo players.
Armstead looked good, he is not a PG that will push the ball up the court. Forget about putting 5 out there and running people off the court.
You watched one scrimmage and now you know that WSU will not run in transition, which WSU has done ever since Marshall came to town? Are you serious?
Baker did a good job taking care of the ball. Hit 1 driving shot. Nothing fancy but steady.
Baker is WSU's zone buster. He was being used at PG due to injuries to 2 players who would normally see time there.

You're making huge generalizations and stating them as facts from watching one scrimmage. It's obvious you are making your comments without any background knowledge to put what you observed into context - like criticizing Early for hanging on the perimeter, or criticizing White for shooting too much.

Do you think Marshall actually showed much of what he wants to do in an open scrimmage broadcast on the Net that could be scouted? That's just not going to happen.

You have demonstrated your tendency to make sweeping generalizations without underlying context and to present those generalizations as facts. I do not find it necessary to respond to such poorly formed opinions, but if you insist that I respond, I will try, but I imagine I will discover it is pointless. Those who choose not to understand are generally not receptive to opinions or facts that disagree with their stance.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ictjay » November 1st, 2012, 11:55 am

Criticizing Early/Hall? Huh! ..... "they are players", "could be unstoppable". :Bam:

Say and think what you will. The thread was a observation of the scrimmage. Obviously you put more stock into innuendo and practice reports from a friend of a friend of my uncle.

PS Armstead will not be the guy pushing it and Wessell has slow feet. Doesn't mean they aren't players that won't have success. Baker was Ofer from 3 pt line in the scrimmage and has played nothing but class 3A HS basketball in the last 2 years. (Don't bring up practice) He might end up being your "sniper". He's got a good head for the game.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WuShock Reaper » November 2nd, 2012, 7:35 am

and now we end our review of Wichita State's Media Day with the MVC 2012 Coach of the Year - Gregg Marshall.

2012 Media Day Coach Gregg Marshall - KAKE (10-24-12):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a7jhNj73WA
WuShock Reaper
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ricardo del Rio » November 2nd, 2012, 1:46 pm

ictjay wrote:Hey.....if he wants to read a bunch of crap and get a "giggle" he has the right. 8-)

Is there anybody here other than a couple of BJ's and some offensive InSU, UNI and MSU posters? I'm sorry. I've misspoken. The BJ posters are also offensive.[/quote]

Lets try this again. You haven't replied to my other posts because you know I was right and you were not.
People in Wichita (SN) are VERY thin-skinned. They will say/makeup anything if they feel threatened/disrespected (as Aargh says). Your posts offer 0 to MVC basketball discussion. You/Isaso/Cold come on here, fire away and run back to SN and giggle. And you wonder why you get hammered?
Read all the posts here regarding WSU and this season and you will see that 90% of the posts state that yea they could be 4th but they also could vie for the title. Alot of unknowns. Why you are blind to that, I don't know.
PS It is fun to read/post on SN now that CU is mentioned in every thread. Your head-honcho KAI is even stooping to your level.[/quote]

I was left out of this discussion. Should I be offended?

Isaso is coming to my home this evening to solve an IT problem. We are sorta like two peas in a pod.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ictjay » November 2nd, 2012, 2:16 pm

[quote="posts here Isaso is coming to my home this evening to solve an IT problem. We are sorta like two peas in a pod.[/color][/quote]

Never had a problem with you Ricky nor your posts.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to The MVC Report and other MVC links