SWOMO vs. Shox

Discuss MVC baseball here

SWOMO vs. Shox

Postby JJ Clamdip » April 8th, 2011, 4:26 pm

If it was a prize fight they would stop it before they get started.

A breakdown of the two teams from, SB, a resident Shocker expert on Shockernet:

Shocks open the MVC season on the road at Missouri State this weekend.

Tim Kelley on the shelf this weekend. Josh Smith, Charlie Lowell and TBA going for the Shocks. Sunday will probably be either Albert Minnis or Brian Flynn. Either way that would be three lefties going for the Shocks.

MSU has a 0.317 team BA vs 0.274 for the Shocks. Not sure how MSU does against lefties. 2 of their top 4 (and 3 of the top 9) hitters are lefthanded.

MSU's pitching staff has a 4.66 ERA vs 3.22 for the Shocks. Unfortunately the Shocks will be without Tim Kelley and his 1.69 ERA.

I think we need our starting pitchers to be solid and give us at least 6 good innings each outing for the Shocks to be successful this weekend.

I guess we will find out if the batting practice against Alcorn State was a positive or negative exercise.

SWOMO ends up the weekend 3-0 in Valley play the Shox for the first time ever will be 0-3.
JJ Clamdip
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

SWOMO vs. Shox

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: SWOMO vs. Shox

Postby pafan » April 10th, 2011, 8:42 am

Through two games, I see a split. What happened to your prediction?
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby JJ Clamdip » April 10th, 2011, 10:20 am

Of course I was dead wrong and I am glad.

Charlie pitched a masterpiece against the Ozark Jauggernaut let's hope the Shox can pull one out today.
JJ Clamdip
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby JJ Clamdip » April 10th, 2011, 1:40 pm

Shox choke up the third game, Grimes leads the way with 4 K's and the Shox are pounded by SWOMO 8-7.
JJ Clamdip
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Bearvision » April 10th, 2011, 2:12 pm

Bears are having a pretty solid season thus far. 2-3 vs. the top-50, but the S. Miss. was just not our best for many reasons. The rotation hadn't fallen into place at that point yet, but the Bears have rebounded.

I don't like being a part of the "mid-major poll" but if we're going to be a part of it, it's at least worth noting that the Bears are 5-1 against teams in that poll, and currently 3-1 vs. the Big 12. Big test coming up Tuesday @ Arkansas, and then the schedule opens up a little bit for the Bears.

Always good to take two out of three from the Shox, would have loved a big hit in the 9th yesterday to get the sweep, but the series win and the early tiebreaker will have to do.
Bearvision
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby iSASO » April 10th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Bearvision wrote:Bears are having a pretty solid season thus far. 2-3 vs. the top-50, but the S. Miss. was just not our best for many reasons. The rotation hadn't fallen into place at that point yet, but the Bears have rebounded.

I don't like being a part of the "mid-major poll" but if we're going to be a part of it, it's at least worth noting that the Bears are 5-1 against teams in that poll, and currently 3-1 vs. the Big 12. Big test coming up Tuesday @ Arkansas, and then the schedule opens up a little bit for the Bears.

Always good to take two out of three from the Shox, would have loved a big hit in the 9th yesterday to get the sweep, but the series win and the early tiebreaker will have to do.

The only tie-breaker the Shockers might need this year is the one that locks up the 6th seed for tournament.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Snaggletooth » April 11th, 2011, 5:56 am

MSU needs to go 20-3 to have a Top 32 RPI or 18-5 to have a top 45 RPI. Very realistic opportunity to get back to the NCAA tournament.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bearvision » April 11th, 2011, 3:54 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:MSU needs to go 20-3 to have a Top 32 RPI or 18-5 to have a top 45 RPI. Very realistic opportunity to get back to the NCAA tournament.

Not sure where you figure that, since they haven't played Arkansas yet, nor Ok State again, and K-State, all of whom will help bump the RPI just by playing them, and how they fare the rest of the season.

Unless you're quite the prognosticator, it would seem a bit early to say what records they need to have what sort of RPI.
Bearvision
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby iSASO » April 11th, 2011, 4:22 pm

I think Snaggletooth wrote the routines for the computer that just won Jeopardy, smoking the humans.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby JJ Clamdip » April 11th, 2011, 4:59 pm

Unless you're quite the prognosticator, it would seem a bit early to say what records they need to have what sort of RPI.

You question Snaggletooth?

You are a fool, he speaks with facts not emotions, if he says they need to finish 20-3 or 18-5 you can take it to the bank.
JJ Clamdip
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball