Contenders or Pretenders?

Discuss MVC baseball here

Postby Barack Clamdip » May 2nd, 2011, 5:57 am

We will see next weekend when the BJ's come to Wichita.
Barack Clamdip
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Contenders or Pretenders?

Postby iSASO » May 2nd, 2011, 9:12 pm

Are thousands of BJ fans massing at the border, poised to invade and assist their team in the taking of another MVC baseball title? Or are they seeking to avenge the 0-8 season record they compiled against WSU in their finest season in history?

Or maybe they'll only send MVJ with the Billy BlueJay statue, a bag of Doritos and a six-pack of 16-oz. Bud Lights.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » May 3rd, 2011, 10:16 pm

Massing at what border? I'm always for a good border war, but I'm at a loss here. That said, if you supply the border war, I'll supply the Doritos and Bud Light. As for any college baseball games, I won't go... boring. But I sure as heck will tailgate beforehand with anyone that thinks they can keep up. When you follow the Shockers to Omaha, look me up, I'm always willing to buy!!!

Oh, and I've upped my flavor of choice, I was once a big advocate of the Captain and Diet Coke. Soon I switched up to Sailor Jerry. I have now discovered that nothing, and I mean nothing beats the Kracken! Try it, you'll thank me later.

http://www.krakenrum.com/
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby blueblood » May 4th, 2011, 9:39 am

Will the bluejay's players mothers and fathers that travel to Wichita be put in the left field bleachers again?
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Snaggletooth » May 4th, 2011, 11:01 am

blueblood wrote:Will the bluejay's players mothers and fathers that travel to Wichita be put in the left field bleachers again?

Are they that stupid? Or that cheap?

I guess if you buy GA tickets that is where you have to sit. There are plenty of seat backs available including box, but you have to pay for them.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby blueblood » May 4th, 2011, 12:16 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:
blueblood wrote:Will the bluejay's players mothers and fathers that travel to Wichita be put in the left field bleachers again?

Are they that stupid? Or that cheap?

I guess if you buy GA tickets that is where you have to sit. There are plenty of seat backs available including box, but you have to pay for them.

Lets update an old story. That is where WSU puts them. The seats behind their kids dug out are not available.
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby iSASO » May 4th, 2011, 12:30 pm

So, WSU should kick season ticket holders out of their seats? Should the whole section be vacated for the season so that 9 people from Omaha can be comfy? There are plenty of chairback seats within 100 feet of the visitor's dugout.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby blueblood » May 4th, 2011, 12:38 pm

Perfect answer. Have fun with the MVC tourney in Omaha. You know where your seats will be.
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby ictjay » May 4th, 2011, 1:16 pm

Neither team is that good. Not going to be surprised one way or another. Not to worry about seating. There is plenty.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSUbballer » May 4th, 2011, 6:10 pm

[quote="blueblood"]Will the bluejay's players mothers and fathers that travel to Wichita be put in the left field bleachers again?[/quote]

Are you being serious right now? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Creighton will be proven contenders by the time the weekend is done, but it is all a moot point, because the only Valley representative for regionals will be the one who gets hot on the last weekend in May in Omaha in front of 800 fans.
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball