Jays sweep Evansville

Discuss MVC baseball here

Re: Jays sweep Evansville

Postby Snaggletooth » May 15th, 2011, 10:14 pm

PricklyPete wrote:CU wins 2-1 in 12 innings in the conclusion of the game from Friday night and then wins again 4-0 on Saturday evening against the Aces.

Jays lead MSU by 1.5 games with 4 to play and the Bears coming to Omaha next week.

I thought to "sweep" somebody you have to win all your game in the series? Unless I'm mistaken CU only won 2 of 3 from Evansville.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Barack Clamdip » May 16th, 2011, 6:27 am

The BJ's swept two of three and Evansville swept one of three on the weekend.

Very simple if you think about it.
Barack Clamdip
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby 3ontheway » May 16th, 2011, 7:53 am

pete, the shocker brethren are just generally a little jumpy with the Shox in 3rd place in a horrible conference, cut them some slack.
3ontheway
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby iSASO » May 16th, 2011, 11:11 am

Yea, you know how it is when you are having your worst year in 35 years and you're stuck in third, with a chance to win the conference championship for the umpteenth time.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheShock » May 16th, 2011, 1:24 pm

3ontheway wrote:pete, the shocker brethren are just generally a little jumpy with the Shox in 3rd place in a horrible conference, cut them some slack.

TheShock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby ictjay » May 16th, 2011, 2:19 pm

Now thats funny! :D
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUBulldog » May 16th, 2011, 4:32 pm

ictjay wrote:Now thats funny! :D

Yeah, it's funny....but it has also seared an image into my brain that may do me some permanent damage.

:Cheers:
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Snaggletooth » May 16th, 2011, 8:19 pm

PricklyPete wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:
PricklyPete wrote:CU wins 2-1 in 12 innings in the conclusion of the game from Friday night and then wins again 4-0 on Saturday evening against the Aces.

Jays lead MSU by 1.5 games with 4 to play and the Bears coming to Omaha next week.

I thought to "sweep" somebody you have to win all your game in the series? Unless I'm mistaken CU only won 2 of 3 from Evansville.

Look at the time/date stamp of the post and read the contents of the post. Jays swept both games played on Saturday, oftentimes called a "sweep" of a doubleheader or "sweeping" the games played that day. Also, the posts states there are 4 games left to play. Basic math (not sure if you've ever completed it) would tell you that the upcoming weekend series consists of three games and there was a game remaining on Sunday afternoon yet to be played.

I guess you swept across the entire point of the post without really reading it.

Is this your time following baseball? You seem new at this. Can I make a recommendation

Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » May 16th, 2011, 10:30 pm

[quote="iSASO"]Yea, you know how it is when you are having your worst year in 35 years and you're stuck in third, with a chance to win the conference championship for the umpteenth time.[/quote]

QFT.

But really though, the title is a little misleading. I realize the timing of the post itself obviously meant the doubleheader sweep. But the title of the thread probably should have been more specific. To the outside viewer who just sees the topic name, it's very deceiving and appears inaccurate.

Perhaps the baseball gods knew of this blunder too as they gave the Aces an extra whoop in the whooping they put on the Bluejays in Sunday's series finale, preventing the "sweep".
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball