Missouri State vs Creighton

Discuss MVC baseball here

Re: Missouri State vs Creighton

Postby 3ontheway » May 21st, 2011, 6:45 am

no, the shox are, and always will be the class of the valley. their coach, who has more infinite wisdom than any other coach or big league manager as he approaches 70, will always be at the helm of the class of the valley. I am humbled to be a fan of a team that at least matched that level of class in valley play this year. cu lost 2 of 3 to wsu, and they were lucky to even get 1. cu plays in a rented stadium and had a schedule that was not even close to that of the class of the valley, so again, today i am humbled. even if gene is out there with his fungo in a wheelchair in 10 years, the shox will be the class of the valley, if not all of college baseball.
3ontheway
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Snaggletooth » May 21st, 2011, 8:17 am

3ontheway wrote:no, the shox are, and always will be the class of the valley. their coach, who has more infinite wisdom than any other coach or big league manager as he approaches 70, will always be at the helm of the class of the valley. I am humbled to be a fan of a team that at least matched that level of class in valley play this year. cu lost 2 of 3 to wsu, and they were lucky to even get 1. cu plays in a rented stadium and had a schedule that was not even close to that of the class of the valley, so again, today i am humbled. even if gene is out there with his fungo in a wheelchair in 10 years, the shox will be the class of the valley, if not all of college baseball.

I think it would be a very humble thing to change your name to Gene in his honor.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » May 21st, 2011, 2:26 pm

Creighton sweeps MSU with a 3-1 win on Saturday.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Ferd Berfel » May 22nd, 2011, 9:25 am

no, the shox are, and always will be the class of the valley.

It is good to see that you can recgonize that they have carried this conference for many, many years.

their coach, who has more infinite wisdom than any other coach or big league manager as he approaches 70, will always be at the helm of the class of the valley.

Not quite 70 yet, how about 65. More wins than anyone in Valley history and a record that will never be duplicated by anyone in the valley.

I am humbled to be a fan of a team that at least matched that level of class in valley play this year. cu lost 2 of 3 to wsu, and they were lucky to even get 1. cu plays in a rented stadium and had a schedule that was not even close to that of the class of the valley, so again, today i am humbled. even if gene is out there with his fungo in a wheelchair in 10 years, the shox will be the class of the valley, if not all of college baseball.

You are correct you should feel humble, they do play in a rented stadium and correct again when you say they have not played anyone this season as backed up by their strength of schedule.

Zero games against the top 50 RPI teams? Come on Eddie pick up the schedule and play someone.

Being the class of the Valley is pretty easy with the competition that the rest of the teams offer.

The last three years have been the worst in the history of Shocker baseball and they still perform at the highest level of the conference.

At least CU has Soccer with no rented stadium.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby blueblood » May 22nd, 2011, 12:59 pm

3. Do not constantly belittle other schools or other posters.

How many names has this dude registered under?
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ferd Berfel » May 22nd, 2011, 4:14 pm

3. Do not constantly belittle other schools or other posters.

Give me one statement that belittles anyone?

Facts are facts.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball