Missouri State vs Creighton

Discuss MVC baseball here

Postby MVCfans » May 20th, 2011, 2:31 pm

Per Steve Pivovar at the Omaha World Herald, tonight's game between Missouri State and Creighton will be played as scheduled. There has been perisistent rain in Omaha over the last 24 hours with more scheduled through tomorrow evening. He stated that TD Ameritrade Park can take on lots of rain and it sounds like it has.

If the game cannot be played tonight or tomorrow, I'm not sure if they will play on Sunday or not. I would guess not considering both teams would be wary of over utilizing their pitching staff during a Sunday doublheader with the league tournament starting on Tuesday.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Missouri State vs Creighton

Postby Ferd Berfel » May 20th, 2011, 2:37 pm

If the game cannot be played tonight or tomorrow, I'm not sure if they will play on Sunday or not. I would guess not considering both teams would be wary of over utilizing their pitching staff during a Sunday doublheader with the league tournament starting on Tuesday.

Should have spent the extra money on turf for the entire field and they would not have to worry about rain.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby 3ontheway » May 20th, 2011, 2:43 pm

it is rented.
3ontheway
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ferd Berfel » May 20th, 2011, 2:51 pm

it is rented.

I know it is rented, they should have spent the extra money instead of going the cheap route when they built the place.

If they were playing at the CU sports complex it would not be a problem.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Jays26 » May 20th, 2011, 2:58 pm

Ferd Berfel wrote:

Should have spent the extra money on turf for the entire field and they would not have to worry about rain.

Turf??? Are you serious...home of the CWS and have turf......that's just stupid.

And believe me....they did not go the cheap route when they built this place.
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ferd Berfel » May 20th, 2011, 3:01 pm

Turf??? Are you serious...home of the CWS and have turf......that's just stupid.

I understand if they could not afford turf for the entire place, grass will do but it might cost the BJ's valley title (or win it if both are lost) if it is to wet to play.

Again, take the last two game to the CU sports complex fixes the problem.
Last edited by Ferd Berfel on May 20th, 2011, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby ShockValue » May 20th, 2011, 3:03 pm

Who makes the call on a rainout? The home team or the league? Could CU just cancel them and win the league?
ShockValue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ferd Berfel » May 20th, 2011, 3:09 pm

Who makes the call on a rainout? The home team or the league? Could CU just cancel them and win the league?

Cancel the last two would be the easiest way for the BJ's to win the title, it will probably happen that way and they can back into the championship.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Snaggletooth » May 20th, 2011, 3:22 pm

ShockValue wrote:Who makes the call on a rainout? The home team or the league? Could CU just cancel them and win the league?

Home team.

Sure they can. That is why the mvc moved up wsu games just so cu would know what they need to do. It is likely the valley an cu officials will be doing rain dances for the next 24 hours. If it doesn't rain look for a malfunction in the sprinkler system to occur.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » May 20th, 2011, 3:37 pm

I am surprised that they didn't go with some more state of art like field turf. Think how much they could saved in carbon emissions from having to take care of it and mowing it. They could have claimed they were playing on a "green" field. Al gore could have thrown out the first pitch.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball