MVC baseball power shift?

Discuss MVC baseball here

Re: MVC baseball power shift?

Postby DoubleJayAlum » June 15th, 2011, 8:45 am

Ferd Berfel wrote:
I think it takes someone who is looking forward and MSU and CU, "the Class of the Valley", with their facilities are going to move forward.

Fixed and don't forget Bradley, they also have a quality rented stadium complete with Palm trees.

Outside of perhaps isaso, I'm pretty sure I've never seen a poster that is so jealous of other schools' successes. What is it in Wichita that causes this phenomena? I know that certainly all WSu posters aren't this way, but it does seem like the most insufferable posters reside in Wichita.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby blueblood » June 15th, 2011, 8:56 am

Agree. They mock the programs that in their opinion do not commit enough resources. Then when programs do commit more resources they mock them for how they do it. Everyone here knows they don't add anything to any discussions and yet they are still here doing it sometimes with new handles and even on new boards.
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby ictjay » June 15th, 2011, 1:41 pm

Chirp Chirp Chirp :huh: Anybody?
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby dgreenwell3 » June 15th, 2011, 2:23 pm

blueblood wrote:Agree. They mock the programs that in their opinion do not commit enough resources. Then when programs do commit more resources they mock them for how they do it. Everyone here knows they don't add anything to any discussions and yet they are still here doing it sometimes with new handles and even on new boards.

There are a few that do this but there are a few that add good conversation. It does bug me when they say things about "resources" because I bet alot of these same people got pretty pissed after Lebron James comments about "him still living his life". I know that parallel is difficult to understand but follow me there.
Addition: For those that are going to take this as a personal afront, it's not. Just a perspective.
dgreenwell3
MVC Victory Cigar
MVC Victory Cigar

Postby WSUbballer » June 15th, 2011, 3:27 pm

It has nothing to do with Wichita, DJA. I can say the same thing about a fair amount of posters residing in Omaha. It is a strange phenomenon.

How come you never see Creighton fans congratulating WSU on anything? That's something that you just don't see.

Please don't throw stones from glass houses.
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » June 15th, 2011, 6:45 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:If you cherry pick a year then sure. We were bad in 2005 but that was just one season. Overall, we have had some really fine teams in recent years

I don't know what your definition of "fine" is but these RPI are not fine unless you relish mediocrity

2011 - 64 RPI
2010 - 175 RPI
2009 - 151 RPI
2008 - 53 RPI
2007 - 115 RPI
2006 - 59 RPI
2005 - 92 RPI
2004 - 108 RPI

I appreciate your knowledge of statistics and what you are trying to say. I think it has been proven that in baseball and softball that RPI is unfair to schools that aren't in the Southeast or West Coast.

cite your reference that RPI is unherently unfair? RPI is a formula. It doesn't change by geography. I assume you might be talking about the advantage that team in the south have over northern team due to weather - which is true and DBU will have that advantage. They will be able to practice all winter and be prepared for opening day. They will be able to host team at home in the early season and rack up wins in non-conference (and how is that bad for the conference).

If you want alternative formula I guess you could go to ISR, but they will show you the same.

Dallas Baptist can hop in a bus and travel midweek to TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Rice, Houston, LSU, etc. Plus they can play their early season games at home which is a huge advantage. Missouri State does not have the advantage of good weekday opponents or getting our feet wet at home early in the year either.

Yeah, make you wonder what they are thinking about trying to get into the MVC. They will have to travel north in the tundra.

Not making excuses, Keith Guttin can and will do better but it is unfair.

It sure does sound like your making excuses. Baseball is inherently stacked to the southern teams since forever. It is what it is. Whether DBU is in the conference isn't going to change that. But it sure can't hurt to add a team to the conference who will play a decent non-conference schedule and actually have success.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby iSASO » June 16th, 2011, 6:12 am

I think it's time that Creighton, MSU and DBU take over this conference and relegate WSU to 4th place or worse for a while. It's only fair. In fact, why can't the conference office mandate that WSU play every conference game on the road and with 8 players for the next 30 seasons just to engineer some justice.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LMS » June 16th, 2011, 6:41 am

WSUbballer wrote:It has nothing to do with Wichita, DJA. I can say the same thing about a fair amount of posters residing in Omaha. It is a strange phenomenon.

How come you never see Creighton fans congratulating WSU on anything? That's something that you just don't see.

Please don't throw stones from glass houses.

You don't see it because you are blind to Creighton being anything other than what you imagine in your mind. It took me about 10 seconds to find congrats from CU fans here after the NIT title and there was even a separate thread for Creighton fans cheering for WSU.

Open your eyes (and your mind) and you'll be amazed by what you see.
LMS
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jlandrus11 » June 17th, 2011, 11:02 am

Why would anyone congratulate WSU on anything, when they treat other fan bases like trash?

Calling Terre Haute a truck stop when little did you know that Terre Haute won the community of the year award for 2010.
jlandrus11
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » June 17th, 2011, 11:48 am

iSASO wrote:In fact, why can't the conference office mandate that WSU play every conference game on the road and with 8 players for the next 30 seasons just to engineer some justice.

Probably because the conference can barely place the conference tourney outside of Wichita without a complete meltdown by WSu fans....
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball