MVC baseball power shift?

Discuss MVC baseball here

Re: MVC baseball power shift?

Postby MVCfans » June 3rd, 2011, 2:24 pm

MVCfans wrote:Just discussed Dallas Baptist with WIchita Eagle writer Paul Suellentrop. DBU will play a full MVC baseball schedule in 2012 and 2013. League schools will vote after 2012 whether to include DBU for full baseball membership.

Dallas Baptist tied with Oklahoma 1-1 in the sixth inning.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MVCfans » June 3rd, 2011, 3:38 pm

Dallas Baptist ties it in the 9th. 2-2 vs Oklahoma.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » June 3rd, 2011, 3:53 pm

DBU leads Oklahoma 3-2 in the 10th.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » June 4th, 2011, 7:50 pm

Dallas Baptist might win again tonight over TCU.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » June 4th, 2011, 8:13 pm

Dallas Baptist wins 3-2 at TCU and now controls the regional.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby BEARZ77 » June 5th, 2011, 7:50 am

iSASO wrote:My advice? Savor those little moments of success but don't go adding to my Valley Talk Quotation Hall of Shame.

I wonder if you added to your "Quotation Hall of Shame" the very similar series of qoutes you made back in the spring of 2006; you know, right after WSU had won it's 1st MVC MBB title in 23 years and made their 1ST NCAA appearence in 18 years. I'm not so grandiose as to archive such things, but I remember them pretty faithfully. They basically said something about how WSU would dominate the league annually now that they had returned to the top, and that unlike the schools that had been winning the league[ CU/SIU/UNI], WSU would be able to parlay that into a level of scheduling no one else could[ I believe your quote actually said Turgeon had at least 8 BCS teams ready to sign home and home series] . It went on to say that WSU was now a Destination job and that your coach would not be looking for those greener pastures such as had happened with Mc Dermott, Weber, Painter, Alford etc. Things got a little silent 12 months later as the reality of a 6th place finish and Turgeon bolting for Texas A&M took hold.

Like you said iSASO, we should all probably savor those little moments of success, but you might have added, to also not try to act so superior when someone else simply repeats the mistakes you yourself have also made.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » June 6th, 2011, 7:04 am

MVCfans wrote:Dallas Baptist wins 3-2 at TCU and now controls the regional.

Oral Roberts defeated TCU yesterday afternoon and they beat Dallas Baptist last night to force a win or go home game today.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » June 7th, 2011, 5:57 am

Future MVC baseball member, Dallas Baptist, advances to Super Regional play against Cal with a shot at making the College World Series.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby iSASO » June 7th, 2011, 9:21 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
iSASO wrote:My advice? Savor those little moments of success but don't go adding to my Valley Talk Quotation Hall of Shame.

I wonder if you added to your "Quotation Hall of Shame" the very similar series of qoutes you made back in the spring of 2006; you know, right after WSU had won it's 1st MVC MBB title in 23 years and made their 1ST NCAA appearence in 18 years. I'm not so grandiose as to archive such things, but I remember them pretty faithfully. They basically said something about how WSU would dominate the league annually now that they had returned to the top, and that unlike the schools that had been winning the league[ CU/SIU/UNI], WSU would be able to parlay that into a level of scheduling no one else could[ I believe your quote actually said Turgeon had at least 8 BCS teams ready to sign home and home series] . It went on to say that WSU was now a Destination job and that your coach would not be looking for those greener pastures such as had happened with Mc Dermott, Weber, Painter, Alford etc. Things got a little silent 12 months later as the reality of a 6th place finish and Turgeon bolting for Texas A&M took hold.

Like you said iSASO, we should all probably savor those little moments of success, but you might have added, to also not try to act so superior when someone else simply repeats the mistakes you yourself have also made.

I don't remember saying that at all. I guess the burden of proof is on you.

Congrats to Dallas Baptist!
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » June 11th, 2011, 1:03 pm

So Dallas's field is not up to snuff for the Super Sectional? Do we really want them in our league permanently? I know they are making a cinderella run now, but if they don't take baseball seriously, can they survive being so far away geographically?
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball