MVC baseball tourney Game 2 - Evansville at Wichita State

Discuss MVC baseball here

Re: MVC baseball tourney Game 2 - Evansville at Wichita Stat

Postby MVCfans » May 24th, 2011, 4:00 pm

Huge moment of the game - Elam strikes out Pearson with the bases loaded to preserve a 2-1 Shox lead in the 7th.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ferd Berfel » May 24th, 2011, 4:22 pm

Shox win 2-1.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MVCfans » May 24th, 2011, 4:29 pm

Shockers made a couple of oustanding defensive plays late in the game to secure a 2-1 win. Very well played game by both teams.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby blueblood » May 24th, 2011, 4:54 pm

Congrats to the Shockers on winning the MVC tourney. The greatest team in history has returned with a dominant 2-1 victory.
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby iSASO » May 24th, 2011, 7:25 pm

Blueblood, after all these years you have finally seen the light. It's too bad that you picked this season, the season in which the worst Shocker team in 25 years slips to 2nd in the final conference standings, to jump on the bandwagon.

And, since you brought it up, WSU baseball has to be the most successful program in the history of the MVC, bar none. As the resident know-it-all expert on WSU, I am certain you will agree. It's never too late to be a fan of a winner.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 2livewu » May 25th, 2011, 5:37 am

Hall's grab to end the game was as good a play as you'll ever see in that situation. He saved the game (no doubt Evansville scores 2 if the ball gets down) with a diving catch in the power alley. Awesome play.

Elam's strikeout after going 3-0 on Oesterle to end the 7th was huge, no doubt. Hindsight is always 20/20 but the Aces were kind of hoping to be gifted the run (error, balk, hbp all led to the situation) and looked at 2 right down the middle before flailing at strike 3. Can't really fault them, as WSU has given away enough games to choke 10 horses this year.

The Shocks are going to have to find some offense if they plan to advance very far in this tournament. Their bats have gone all but dormant of late. 2 runs isn't going to get it done. Nor is the general lack of execution.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ferd Berfel » May 25th, 2011, 6:28 am

BLUEBLOOD, Congrats to the Shockers on winning the MVC tourney. The greatest team in history has returned with a dominant 2-1 victory.

3. Do not constantly belittle other schools or other posters.

I guess when it is Creighton "The Class of The Valley" fan it is OK?
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby blueblood » May 25th, 2011, 10:24 am

Tell ya what, I will quit it if you and ISASO quit it. I bet you can't talk him into it. I would much rather talk about how I actually met Gene on Sunday afternoon than play 2nd grade games with you and ISASO. I think all the posters on this site would be the winners.
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby ictjay » May 25th, 2011, 10:27 am

:bow: :bow: :bow:
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Snaggletooth » May 25th, 2011, 10:49 am

blueblood wrote:Tell ya what, I will quit it if you and ISASO quit it. I bet you can't talk him into it. I would much rather talk about how I actually met Gene on Sunday afternoon than play 2nd grade games with you and ISASO. I think all the posters on this site would be the winners.

So I guess your saying you needed to be treated like ISASO - his free speech must pass through a review by the MVC admin before they ever show up on the board.

Since you admitted your "intent" it will be interesting to see if the moderators will employ the same level of oversight on your posts?
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball