MVC baseball tourney Game 4 - Bradley at Creighton

Discuss MVC baseball here

Re: MVC baseball tourney Game 4 - Bradley at Creighton

Postby MVCfans » May 25th, 2011, 5:22 am

At the moment, it is not raining, although it is overcast. Light rain in the forecast until mid-afternoon with showers later in the day possible. Let's hope we can get in plenty of baseball today.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 2livewu » May 25th, 2011, 6:41 am

Don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers, but are there any discussions going on as to why they decided to not start the final game last evening?

It certainly looks like they could have played most, if not all of the game, albeit late into the evening.

With rain expected most of the day today, how far will the schedule be pushed back? After today it looks a lot better, but if other teams are forced to play at odd hours, I am not sure how it will look.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ictjay » May 25th, 2011, 7:09 am

2livewu wrote:Don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers, but are there any discussions going on as to why they decided to not start the final game last evening?

It certainly looks like they could have played most, if not all of the game, albeit late into the evening.

With rain expected most of the day today, how far will the schedule be pushed back? After today it looks a lot better, but if other teams are forced to play at odd hours, I am not sure how it will look.

Creighton lost any advantage it had with winning the league title. Moving the game to this AM did them no favors.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby pafan » May 25th, 2011, 7:21 am

I was wondering the same thing. Last year there was a 3 hr rain delay in Omaha and they just moved all the start times back 3 hours ... including the 8:30 pm start between WSU and Evansville.

Probably they decided the field wouldn't be playable last night with almost an inch of rain fall...
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby Ferd Berfel » May 25th, 2011, 8:31 am

Score update?

I thought that this game was supposed to start at 9:00 AM?
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby 2livewu » May 25th, 2011, 8:39 am

ictjay wrote:
2livewu wrote:Don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers, but are there any discussions going on as to why they decided to not start the final game last evening?

Creighton lost any advantage it had with winning the league title. Moving the game to this AM did them no favors.

No doubt game 1 attendance will be down if the schedule holds. However, they also didn't have to face the possibility of burning their #1 for, say, half a game and then restarting today and potentially using up another arm. I am not accusing anyone of anything....there are always (at least) 2 sides to every decision. There just didn't seem to be a lot of reason not to start the late game last night, except that they didn't want to get the game split up between 2 days.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 2livewu » May 25th, 2011, 8:51 am

Wow. A single, an error on a sac bunt (who saw that coming), another sac bunt and it's 2nd and 3rd with 1 out in the bottom of the first. A balk sends one home, and a ground out plates the 2nd.

Seems like the balk is a popular call so far. I wonder if they'll keep calling it.

CU parlays a walk, another walk, a sac fly and a single into their 3rd run of the day.

All Jays so far, 3-0 in the 4th. 3 runs should be plenty for Creighton today (most days actually).
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » May 25th, 2011, 8:57 am

Jays lead 3-0. I wonder if Servais will limit his pitches to try and have Dufek available on Saturday if needed.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » May 25th, 2011, 9:40 am

Mutcheson homers to put Creighton ahead 4-1 in the 7th.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » May 25th, 2011, 9:58 am

Unless the Bravs can rally in the ninth, it looks like they will face Southern Illinois this afternoon.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball