2011 College World Series - take 2

Discuss MVC baseball here

Re: 2011 College World Series - take 2

Postby Chuck » June 29th, 2011, 5:27 pm

WSUbballer wrote:You do realize they'll be an adjustment period when you go from straight aluminum to what there is now, right? I guarantee you the numbers will be up a bit next year.

Softball depth? Where are you basing this off of? I assume since you care little about college baseball that the only time you watched it was during the CWS, which depths are obviously NOT softball-ish. I have no idea where you're getting the softball depth numbers, but again, the numbers were expected to be down this year. I dunno how you make the wiffle bat statement when the bats still do have an aluminum component in them and still have more pop than a wooden bat.

Average to mediocre pitchers? How do you make that assertion when you admittedly don't even watch the sport? How do you know if they're average to mediocre?

There are plenty of low-scoring games in the majors. Do you not like major league ball as well? Or are you partial to the type of play in your local softball league?

Again, I would be much more prone to listening to your "argument" if you actually were into the game and watched it, but since you are spewing stuff around without any meaningful knowledge of the sport, it's really hard to take you and your "argument" seriously.

I watched more College baseball in the past even though my two MVC schools were for the most part not good. Sounds like it's a person who likes watching Arena football but the NFL just doesn't have enough action to keep their attention! The product being put out by NCAA baseball is pretty solid and is going to get better once everyone gets used to the change.
From the desk of Charles Bartowski
Chuck
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Snaggletooth » June 29th, 2011, 7:32 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Things were out of wack in the old days--late 90's with the offense but the pendulum has gone to far the other way..

Actually if you look at the numbers, scoring is back to the late 90's. What this year really showed was good hitters will still hit and it really separates the average hitter from the good hitter. Of course the pretenders are exposed for what they are.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » June 30th, 2011, 5:47 pm

WSUbballer wrote:You do realize they'll be an adjustment period when you go from straight aluminum to what there is now, right? I guarantee you the numbers will be up a bit next year.

Softball depth? Where are you basing this off of? I assume since you care little about college baseball that the only time you watched it was during the CWS, which depths are obviously NOT softball-ish. I have no idea where you're getting the softball depth numbers, but again, the numbers were expected to be down this year. I dunno how you make the wiffle bat statement when the bats still do have an aluminum component in them and still have more pop than a wooden bat.

Average to mediocre pitchers? How do you make that assertion when you admittedly don't even watch the sport? How do you know if they're average to mediocre?

There are plenty of low-scoring games in the majors. Do you not like major league ball as well? Or are you partial to the type of play in your local softball league?

Again, I would be much more prone to listening to your "argument" if you actually were into the game and watched it, but since you are spewing stuff around without any meaningful knowledge of the sport, it's really hard to take you and your "argument" seriously.

I watched quite a bit of fall ball in Warrensburg. That is what I was basing the outfield depth on. It is hard to tell on TV sometimes so I admit I may be incorrect in the spring.

I'm basing the mediocre thing on the lack of juniors drafted that pitched in the CWS. Jungmann was nearly unhittable this year at Texas and he slid down the 1st round a little bit in the draft.

I like well pitched games for sure. All I was saying is just that I'm not sure that is what we were seeing in Omaha this year. How much was heroic pitching and how much is the bats? I admit I don't know.

So ultimately I agree with a lot of what you are saying. I'm no huge expert or anything. Just making observations as I see them.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball