Word Series - Cardinals vs Rangers

Discuss MVC baseball here

Postby MVCfans » October 27th, 2011, 10:42 pm

Game 6 was one of the best games I've ever seen. Wow.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Word Series - Cardinals vs Rangers

Postby pawball » October 27th, 2011, 11:11 pm

This almost matches the Bill Mazeroski HR that won it for the Pirates over the Yankees in an incredible World Series. The Cardinals haven't won it all yet. That one did win it all. But for back and forth drama, this one wins hands-down.

Very interestingly, now Rangers have used the keed that shut-down the Cards, Holland, so it looks like going into the 7th game that the Cards may have the advantage pitching-wise since they have Carpenter to either start or bring in. Sets up a helleva game 7.
pawball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MVCfans » November 2nd, 2011, 3:31 pm

Cardinals have received permission to discuss their managerial opening with Ryne Sandberg on the same day the Cubs fire Mike Quade and tell Ryno he won't get that job. As a Cards fan, I really don't want Sandberg other than it will drive my friends who are Cubs' fans crazy.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MSUDuo » November 2nd, 2011, 11:05 pm

MVCfans wrote:Cardinals have received permission to discuss their managerial opening with Ryne Sandberg on the same day the Cubs fire Mike Quade and tell Ryno he won't get that job. As a Cards fan, I really don't want Sandberg other than it will drive my friends who are Cubs' fans crazy.

:buddies:

Wouldn't be able to stand a Cub in our dugout. BUT, considering they don't even want their own, I would love to bring him in and let him rip them apart for several years

I think Ryno or Jose would be a good hire and would probably keep Duncan around as well.
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball