Play Ball! MVC baseball season underway

Discuss MVC baseball here

Postby MVCfans » February 17th, 2012, 4:41 pm

Good to see the baseball season get started today.

MVC pre-season favorite Missouri State lost to Tennessee Tech 3-2 in the first game of the Red Raider Classic in Lubbock. The Bears currently trail Texas Tech 2-0 in the second inning.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Play Ball! MVC baseball season underway

Postby Ferd Berfel » February 18th, 2012, 6:56 am

Valley favorites SWOMO loses two to open the season?

Shox rained out in San Marcos, play two today.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ferd Berfel » February 18th, 2012, 11:41 pm

I know that a third place finish in the valley is way too high to expect for WSU.

Shox will be lucky to be .500 this season.

Shut out by La La 1-0 and still have not scored against Santa Clara in the 5th inning of the second game of the day.

Just pathetic.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ferd Berfel » February 18th, 2012, 11:41 pm

I know that a third place finish in the valley is way too high to expect for WSU.

Shox will be lucky to be .500 this season.

Shut out by La La 1-0 and still have not scored against Santa Clara in the 5th inning of the second game of the day.

Just pathetic.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby pafan » February 19th, 2012, 9:02 pm

Purple Aces start the season 1-1-1 in Nashville -- one win, one loss, and one snow-out.

2-0 loss to Belmont Friday, 4-3 win over Lipscomb, weather canceled today's tilt with Middle Tennessee State.

Real question is whether the Aces can put up 20+ runs in one game again. A lot of the offense graduated.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby Ferd Berfel » February 20th, 2012, 6:23 am

Shockers start 0-3 for the first time in 35 years.

Three dismal losses, defense and offense stink it up big time.

You heard it here first, no post season Valley tournament play for the Shockers this year they will not qualify.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » February 20th, 2012, 5:06 pm

Ferd Berfel wrote:Shockers start 0-3 for the first time in 35 years.

You heard it here first, no post season Valley tournament play for the Shockers this year they will not qualify.

Honestly the program would have been better off if Gene had kept that OU jersey on after that press conference in 2005. From what I had heard Sonny Golloway was all but hired by the Shockers. I think that would have given the program some life. Or Gene should have left after what 2007? The year they got lucky and beat UC Irvine in the Regional.

As for the Bears, it was a good weekend. They salvaged something after the first two losses. Neither Tennessee Tech nor the Red Raiders are anything special though. This is a big year for Keith.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ferd Berfel » February 21st, 2012, 11:48 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
Ferd Berfel wrote:Shockers start 0-3 for the first time in 35 years.

Honestly the program would have been better off if Gene had kept that OU jersey on after that press conference in 2005. From what I had heard Sonny Golloway was all but hired by the Shockers. I think that would have given the program some life. Or Gene should have left after what 2007? The year they got lucky and beat UC Irvine in the Regional.

As for the Bears, it was a good weekend. They salvaged something after the first two losses. Neither Tennessee Tech nor the Red Raiders are anything special though. This is a big year for Keith.

I agree, Gene and his boys should have stayed in OU, I think if it had been up to the AD at the time he would not have taken them back but Gene called Dr. Beggs and he allowed his return.

I like Dr. Beggs and he has been great for the University but that was one mistake he made.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ferd Berfel » February 21st, 2012, 5:50 pm

Shox find someone worse than they are, ORU hitting .170 and 0-3 this season, take the game in Tulsa, 10-3 to move its overall record to 1-3.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Bearvision » March 5th, 2012, 9:24 pm

Bears started slow, but have since won 9 of their last 10. The lone loss came on a day they needed a 5th starter (usual 4th starter was saved for mid-week game a few days after tourney), and they gave an incumbent his first MSU start. Not sure he'll get another, but it's been nice to see a Bears team with expecctations actually start decent.

Long way to go before the season is up, and I'm sure the Shox and Creighton will have something to say about who wins the title, but thus far, the Bears are doing the Valley proud, getting off to their best start in 13 years at 9-3.
Bearvision
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball