Play Ball! MVC baseball season underway

Discuss MVC baseball here

Re: Play Ball! MVC baseball season underway

Postby Ferd Berfel » March 7th, 2012, 1:20 pm

Long way to go before the season is up, and I'm sure the Shox and Creighton will have something to say about who wins the title, but thus far, the Bears are doing the Valley proud, getting off to their best start in 13 years at 9-3.

You are giving the Shockers way to much credit, CU will be very good, the Shockers will struggle to be .500 this season.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ferd Berfel » March 7th, 2012, 5:56 pm

Shox take two from Texas Arlington, first game last night came back from being down 0-4 to win 5-4, win again today behind A.J. Ludwig freshman from Omaha, 5-1.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby jlandrus11 » March 7th, 2012, 7:18 pm

Indiana State defeated Indiana today 13-8. ISU got home runs from Jon Hedges, Tyler Wamper, and Casey McCurdy. With the win, Indiana State improves to 8-4 on the season and will host a 3 game series this weekend.
jlandrus11
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Bearvision » March 10th, 2012, 6:32 pm

Bears had a hiccup today in first game against SIU-E, but won final game 10-7 to move to 12-4 on the year.

Need to find a way to sweep teams like SIU-E if we want to entertain thoughts of an at-large.

Sunday starter has been a concern, but I'd like to see Shannahan get a shot at that role. He's thrown 4 1/3 IP with no runs and 7 K's, was a top prospect out of high school (went to Arkansas), and has the results as well. Schumacher was given a 10-0 lead after 2 and couldn't get through 4.
Bearvision
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby cpacmel » March 10th, 2012, 9:38 pm

Illinois State started off the season by losing their first 3 games @ Austin Peay. They recovered from there and have no won 9 games in a row.

They play Iowa (3-7) on Sunday (3/11). A game @ Miami (Fla)(11-3) is looming on Tuesday (3/13)
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shocker3 » March 16th, 2012, 12:23 am

Shox take 2 of 3 from Tulane this weekend. Started a 4 game series with Purdue today. Shox led 3-2 after 5 innings but gave up 5 runs in the 7th and ended up losing 8-3. Shox made some costly errors in the game.

Shox play Purdue again at 5pm on Friday and play a double header on Saturday.

Purdue is 13-1 and ranked in the top 25. Shox are 10-8.
http://www.tomsawyer2wayradios.com
shocker3
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Bearvision » March 16th, 2012, 2:04 pm

Purdue is good...Bears played them last week and lost 4-2. Had tying runs on base in 9th but couldn't get big hit.
Bearvision
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby jlandrus11 » March 18th, 2012, 11:15 pm

Indiana State is now 17-4 on the season. They got wins over Kansas, Houston Baptist, and 2 wins over Notre Dame this weekend in the Irish Classic. Indiana State is looking really good early, hope they can keep it up during MVC play.
jlandrus11
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby beatingrillz » March 21st, 2012, 1:56 am

jlandrus11 wrote:Indiana State is now 17-4 on the season. They got wins over Kansas, Houston Baptist, and 2 wins over Notre Dame this weekend in the Irish Classic. Indiana State is looking really good early, hope they can keep it up during MVC play.

They have played next to no one and have an RPI near 100 seems to me benefit of weak schedule.
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby isumvc1 » March 21st, 2012, 5:31 pm

beatingrillz wrote:
jlandrus11 wrote:Indiana State is now 17-4 on the season. They got wins over Kansas, Houston Baptist, and 2 wins over Notre Dame this weekend in the Irish Classic. Indiana State is looking really good early, hope they can keep it up during MVC play.

They have played next to no one and have an RPI near 100 seems to me benefit of weak schedule.

beatingirls, you never have a single shred of good to say about anything related to ISU, so your comment here doesn't surprise me one iota. in reality I don't think you say much positive about anything.

You're a sad person, I really feel sorry for you.

and on a baseball related note, Indiana State did beat Missouri today 15-1, will be curious to see your spin on that beatingirls.....
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball