ISUr baseball fans

Discuss MVC baseball here

ISUr baseball fans

Postby Haha » May 7th, 2012, 4:51 pm

Don't let your athletic adm screw this up twice. Contact them and promise to have a community garage sell every other year when the birds will have to travel to Dallas.

http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/2012 ... s-baptist/

They help Valley baseball a ton!!!
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

ISUr baseball fans

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: ISUr baseball fans

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » May 7th, 2012, 8:28 pm

What will happen if their baseball program starts struggling and becomes irrelevant? Can we kick they out? You know Wichita State was once relevant in baseball and a staple in this conference now all they do is hold our RPI down for example. Would DBU end up the same?
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby iSASO » May 8th, 2012, 2:13 pm

DBU would never harm the MVC's RPI like WSU has. Aren't they around 902 this year?
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shocker3 » May 8th, 2012, 8:00 pm

Wichita State's RPI is currently 44. It is second only to Miss St. (37) in the Valley. So we are not hurting anyones' RPI.
http://www.tomsawyer2wayradios.com
shocker3
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby shocker3 » May 8th, 2012, 8:08 pm

BTW- For those who forgot, Dallas Baptist made it to the Super Regionals last year. Their current RPI this year is 24 after this weekend.
http://www.tomsawyer2wayradios.com
shocker3
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Haha » May 9th, 2012, 7:25 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:What will happen if their baseball program starts struggling and becomes irrelevant? Can we kick they out? You know Wichita State was once relevant in baseball and a staple in this conference now all they do is hold our RPI down for example. Would DBU end up the same?

Casey do you post to make yourself look foolish?

DBU has been Division I since 2006. So I went back and used boydsworld RPI database. Interesting what I found, and remember DBU has only been competing Division I since 2006 but has quite the history at lower levels before that. It is an established program and nothing to joke about, having the Valley play DBU this year has help the league get 2 and potentially 3 teams in, not including DBU themselves who are about to earn their 3 ncaa bid as an independent, the last team before them to earn a bid as an independent was Miami in fricking 1982.

RPI average over last 7 seasons, counting RPI as of today:

MSU has averaged an RPI of 83 over the last seven seasons with a high of 184 :o and 1 time under 50 with a low best of 36 (that is this season and should stay close to that).

DBU has averaged an RPI of 69 over the last seven seasons with a high of 134 and 4 times under 50 with a low best of 23 (that is this season as well and should stay close to that).

WSU has averaged an RPI of 53 over the last seven seasons with a high of 99 and 4 times under 50 with a low best of 21.

Looks like MSU comes in 3rd of the 3 since DBU has been D1. I hate doing this but sometimes you write without knowledge. No doubt MSU is a solid baseball program, no doubt they are better than WSU this year. However I take issue with you trying to attack WSU or DBU baseball programs, because from where I sit they are both better than MSU's program and I don't think you have anything to argue otherwise. Also remember your 1 CWS is 10 years ago, so don't give that same tired response about WSU's last appearance being 17 years ago. Not much difference and at least WSU has had a couple super regionals in last 5 years.

Again I respect MSU baseball, heck the Valley as a whole is getting much better. Just it would be even better with DBU in it and anybody who thinks otherwise isn't looking at the facts.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » May 9th, 2012, 8:16 pm

Haha look man, I mean no disrespect to Wichita. They have had an awesome run and Gene has forgotten more baseball then I will ever know, but he better try to recall some of it quickly or we are going to see an unceremonious end for a legend.

Missouri State has struggled by our pretty high standards but Guttin, Thomas, and Evans have righted the ship. We have the potential to really turn it on for the next several years with our returnees and recruiting classes coming in. If you consider some of the 2014 kids we are in on we might really have staying power.

As for mighty DBU. They are an excellent team right now but you have to consider the fact that a HS sophomore who is a good ballplayer would rank Texas schools as such: Texas, Texas Aggie, Rice, Baylor, TCU, Houston, Texas Tech, Texas State, Sam Houston, UT Arlington, then perhaps Dallas Baptist. Does that program have staying power when they are at best the 11th instate choice of a good HS ballplayer in Texas? Maybe yes but perhaps no as well.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby iSASO » May 9th, 2012, 8:49 pm

Even with DBU being the 11th choice in their own state, how did they maintain a higher quality program than MSU over the past 7 years?
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Haha » May 10th, 2012, 6:58 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Haha look man, I mean no disrespect to Wichita. They have had an awesome run and Gene has forgotten more baseball then I will ever know, but he better try to recall some of it quickly or we are going to see an unceremonious end for a legend.

The sooner Krusty goes the better, unfortunately they are actually in a position to backdoor a regional (in part due to DBU) and if they do I'm sure the Krusty will at least get to stay till his contract runs out thru 2014. That will be more harm than good. A baseball program that pays the coach more than some in the Valley pay their basketball coach is going to get a good one.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Haha » May 10th, 2012, 7:00 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Missouri State has struggled by our pretty high standards but Guttin, Thomas, and Evans have righted the ship. We have the potential to really turn it on for the next several years with our returnees and recruiting classes coming in. If you consider some of the 2014 kids we are in on we might really have staying power.

Will your 1, 2 be back for next year? have you signed these 2014 kids? you understand next year is 2013?
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball