Bad Midweek Loss for the Bears

Discuss MVC baseball here

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » May 9th, 2012, 8:07 pm

Lose 5-10 to our friends from Boone County. Just did not have the right mindset tonight. Plus the umpires were horrible apparently, all the breaks went against us, and we could not find the ball in their awful lights. But I won't make excuses. Every game counts if we want to make sure of our at large bid. This team feels a lot like 2003 but I hope they don't end up like 2008--getting left out after regular season Valley championship. Have six Valley games left we need six wins.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bad Midweek Loss for the Bears

Postby pafan » May 13th, 2012, 4:30 pm

And now a "bad" series loss to the Purple Aces. Aces win 1-0 today, 3-1 on Saturday, MSU 2-0 on Friday.

3 Valley games left. Do you need 4 wins?
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Re: Bad Midweek Loss for the Bears

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » May 13th, 2012, 9:51 pm

pafan wrote:And now a "bad" series loss to the Purple Aces. Aces win 1-0 today, 3-1 on Saturday, MSU 2-0 on Friday.

3 Valley games left. Do you need 4 wins?

No way getting around that this was a disastrous week. So many things that frustrate me right now. The one thing that really hits home most is that I don't think Evansville really cares about baseball. They have fans that are about 1/99 as passionate as our fans are yet they take it to us this weekend. Full credit to the Aces. Time for the Bears to respond well in Terre Haute and atone for this unacceptable performance. If Guttin does not take care of business this series or in the MVC Tournament then he might be "retired."
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball