Missouri Valley Conference baseball tournament

Discuss MVC baseball here

Re: Missouri Valley Conference baseball tournament

Postby Snaggletooth » May 24th, 2012, 8:17 am

Fred,

I do think u are right. I hope they do and the mvc is 1 bid league. Go Bradley.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ali » May 24th, 2012, 8:31 am

Snaggletooth wrote:Fred,

Why root against Valley success just because the team you root for got beat?
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Snaggletooth » May 24th, 2012, 11:59 am

Ali wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:Fred,

Why root against Valley success just because the team you root for got beat?

There is no valley success - this tournament just demonstrates the valley sucktutude. The perceived success is more about have a phantom member of te valley on the schedule and forced some teams to play a quality opponent than anything any team has did. So screw em all.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » May 24th, 2012, 2:19 pm

Both games so far into extra innings. Illinois St defeats Evansville in 10 innings earlier and Missouri St and Bradley heading to the 11th tied 6-6.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » May 24th, 2012, 3:23 pm

Great game between Missouri St and Bradley. Bears win 11-8 in 13 innings despite two multi run comebacks from the Braves in bottom of the 9th and 11th innings.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » May 24th, 2012, 7:31 pm

Creighton eliminates Illinois St with a 10-3 victory. The last place 8th seeded Bluejays will enter Saturday's title game unbeaten. Crazy.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Bearvision » May 24th, 2012, 8:43 pm

MVCfans wrote:Creighton eliminates Illinois St with a 10-3 victory. The last place 8th seeded Bluejays will enter Saturday's title game unbeaten. Crazy.

Creighton is in the driver's seat. Missouri State has absolutely nothing left even if they were to somehow steal a win tonight to play tomorrow.

I don't know if Burgess was hurt earlier today, but I doubt you take out your ace closer with two outs to bring in a middle reliever.
Bearvision
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby iSASO » May 24th, 2012, 10:36 pm

When it really counts, the cream rises to the top.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Snaggletooth » May 24th, 2012, 11:02 pm

MVCfans wrote:Creighton eliminates Illinois St with a 10-3 victory. The last place 8th seeded Bluejays will enter Saturday's title game unbeaten. Crazy.

Not that crazy. CU was preseason #2 pick in the league - they just never played up to expectations. They got lucky that they were in the same bracket as ISUB which really just overachieved in Valley play.

It will be interesting to see if the NCAA will reward ISUB for winning the valley or punish them for playing a crap non-conference schedule.

Valley at a minimum will get 2 in the tournament. SIU/CU and phantom valley member DBU. Might get 3 or 4 depending how the rest of the conference tournaments unfold.

WSU is out of consideration with SWMO loss (unless a perfect storm occurs and their are no upsets).

ISUB is on the bubble big time with their 0-2 and weak RPI. SWOMO seems to be safe with their RPI, but if ISUB is not taken will they still take SWOMO?

In the past a selection committee member said that you can't pass up the league winner to take another team that finished lower even if their credentials were better - that selection committee member at the time was SWMO AD.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby beatingrillz » May 24th, 2012, 11:56 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:

Not that crazy. CU was preseason #2 pick in the league - they just never played up to expectations. They got lucky that they were in the same bracket as ISUB which really just overachieved in Valley play.

It will be interesting to see if the NCAA will reward ISUB for winning the valley or punish them for playing a crap non-conference schedule.

Valley at a minimum will get 2 in the tournament. SIU/CU and phantom valley member DBU. Might get 3 or 4 depending how the rest of the conference tournaments unfold.

WSU is out of consideration with SWMO loss (unless a perfect storm occurs and their are no upsets).

ISUB is on the bubble big time with their 0-2 and weak RPI. SWOMO seems to be safe with their RPI, but if ISUB is not taken will they still take SWOMO?

In the past a selection committee member said that you can't pass up the league winner to take another team that finished lower even if their credentials were better - that selection committee member at the time was SWMO AD.

Bears weren't given a chance to win league penalize them for weather?
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball