Granderson Stadium...nice addition to the Valley

Discuss MVC baseball here

Postby Chuck A » April 3rd, 2013, 5:51 pm

Curtis Granderson Stadium would be a premier stadium in the region and would be part of the MVC if UIC is invited. Who knows, maybe the Valley can have the MVC baseball tourney in Chicago one year...again, if we're invited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8UyRm7d ... e=youtu.be
UIC Flames
MVC Member Since 2022
Chuck A
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Granderson Stadium...nice addition to the Valley

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » April 7th, 2013, 10:04 pm

That stadium looks good. Not bad at all. I have to tell you though that there are some great stadiums in this conference. We play at Hammons Field which is pretty state of the art. Creighton plays at the site of the CWS, but nobody in Omaha really cares and they will be leaving soon anyhow. Wichita State plays at Eck which has some really nice aspects and you can feel a lot of 1980s/90s history when you go there.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Re: Granderson Stadium...nice addition to the Valley

Postby BirdFan 4Life » April 9th, 2013, 12:37 am

ISU for example spent $3.2 million on a little over 1,000 person seat stadium in 2008. Since that initial brick stadium they have added a big right field scoreboard, and just installed artificial turf in the infield for $360,000 this spring. They also have plans for adding locker rooms, suites, and more seating down the lines. My point is Mo State and CU had much more vast and amenity offering stadiums then us and are not going to be all that impressed with ISU's stadium or UIC's.

Saying all that, I love UIC's stadium with the Chicago Skyline in the back drop. It would definitely add to Valley Baseball in many positive ways. Just don't get offended when WSU and MSU fans aren't all that impressed. They think its a crime the Redbirds are hosting the MVC Tournament this year.
BirdFan 4Life
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball