And down the stretch...

Discuss MVC baseball here

Re: And down the stretch...

Postby Snaggletooth » May 19th, 2013, 9:18 pm

BirdFan 4Life wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:yip, that and winning the MVC tournament will get them into the NCAA tournament.

Redbirds are 19-6 at Duffy Bass Field this season, so I like their chances. Should be an exciting week of baseball in Normal to say the least, safe travels to anyone making the trip.

That is alot better than WSU has did at home.

I think it comes down to Redbirds and CU. If both get to finals and Redbirds can win it then the MVC could possibly get two bids.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdFan 4Life » May 19th, 2013, 11:12 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:
BirdFan 4Life wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:yip, that and winning the MVC tournament will get them into the NCAA tournament.

Redbirds are 19-6 at Duffy Bass Field this season, so I like their chances. Should be an exciting week of baseball in Normal to say the least, safe travels to anyone making the trip.

That is alot better than WSU has did at home.

I think it comes down to Redbirds and CU. If both get to finals and Redbirds can win it then the MVC could possibly get two bids.

“@REDBIRDbaseball: ISU finished the season with 24 wins over its final 28 games after entering April under .500. Remarkable finish for the MVC Champions.”

That is a big turnaround and a lot of it had to do with pitching from Razzo and Savas! The question I have is about Missouri State, I heard they had a 1st Rd draft pick at pitcher and were picked at the top as a team?? To me that's a team that could get hot and do some things this upcoming week.
BirdFan 4Life
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » May 20th, 2013, 12:30 pm

[/quote]
“@REDBIRDbaseball: ISU finished the season with 24 wins over its final 28 games after entering April under .500. Remarkable finish for the MVC Champions.”

That is a big turnaround and a lot of it had to do with pitching from Razzo and Savas! The question I have is about Missouri State, I heard they had a 1st Rd draft pick at pitcher and were picked at the top as a team?? To me that's a team that could get hot and do some things this upcoming week.[/quote]

We are counting on it.

MSU has really underachieved this season but we still have one shot to make good on all of the promise. The 2008 Fresno State team underachieved all year and then got hot won the WAC, won a Regional, won a Super Regional, and then went to Omaha and won the whole thing. MSU has to think like that but one game at a time. Evansville is next.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » May 20th, 2013, 12:34 pm

shoxrox wrote:Haven't seen Casey in a while...

I guess that 6-game losing streak must have stung. That vaunted MSU RPI has now sunk to 145, below WSU's, in a season where MSU was supposed to win it going away.

Ouchies.

We have been out of the at large conversation for weeks so who cares about the RPI? I am still here by the way. Been tuning out since the WSU series because it is what happens this week that matters.

"It is how you show up at the showdown that counts." --Homer Norton
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball