And down the stretch...

Discuss MVC baseball here

And down the stretch...

Postby Red » May 6th, 2013, 7:49 am

Redbirds lost an extra inning game yesterday and Shockers get a sweep. Should be an exciting end to the conference season.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

And down the stretch...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: And down the stretch...

Postby Snaggletooth » May 6th, 2013, 4:08 pm

I think WSU pretty much has wrapped it up. All WSU has to do is sweep CU and it ISUR will just be playing to hold on to 2nd place.

Even if WSU loses 1, then ISUR has to go 6-0 to win the conference - I don't see that happening.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » May 11th, 2013, 5:11 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:I think WSU pretty much has wrapped it up. All WSU has to do is sweep CU and it ISUR will just be playing to hold on to 2nd place.

Even if WSU loses 1, then ISUR has to go 6-0 to win the conference - I don't see that happening.

Not so fast, Creighton wins the first two games at WSU.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » May 11th, 2013, 7:49 pm

Jet915 wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:I think WSU pretty much has wrapped it up. All WSU has to do is sweep CU and it ISUR will just be playing to hold on to 2nd place.

Not so fast, Creighton wins the first two games at WSU.

WSU going to win Sunday and ISUR will lose some more games. WSU will limp in to win the mvc and just to illustrate how bad this conference is in baseball.

Though if cu would sweep WSU and not lay an egg against NU and SWMO - they could have an at-large resume. Though it would be ironic if a big east team won the mvc.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shoxrox » May 15th, 2013, 9:44 pm

Haven't seen Casey in a while...

I guess that 6-game losing streak must have stung. That vaunted MSU RPI has now sunk to 145, below WSU's, in a season where MSU was supposed to win it going away.

Ouchies.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby cpacmel » May 18th, 2013, 3:27 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:WSU going to win Sunday and ISUR will lose some more games. WSU will limp in to win the mvc and just to illustrate how bad this conference is in baseball.

ILLINOIS STATE wins the MVC Championship outright!
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby iSASO » May 18th, 2013, 5:07 pm

What a fine season for the 'Birds.

Notes on the season:
Despite having the worst team in nearly 40 years,the Shox still almost win the title and have never finished lower than third during that time.

Will MSU still be hosting an NCAA Regional?
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdFan 4Life » May 18th, 2013, 7:10 pm

ISU Baseball sweeps SIU for first outright Valley title http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/colleg ... f887a.html

Great team effort, great pitching the first two games, now back to The Duff to finish off the Conference Sweep!
BirdFan 4Life
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Snaggletooth » May 18th, 2013, 11:16 pm

cpacmel wrote:

Snaggletooth wrote:WSU going to win Sunday and ISUR will lose some more games. WSU will limp in to win the mvc and just to illustrate how bad this conference is in baseball.

ILLINOIS STATE wins the MVC Championship outright!

yip, that and winning the MVC tournament will get them into the NCAA tournament.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdFan 4Life » May 19th, 2013, 10:59 am

Snaggletooth wrote:yip, that and winning the MVC tournament will get them into the NCAA tournament.

Redbirds are 19-6 at Duffy Bass Field this season, so I like their chances. Should be an exciting week of baseball in Normal to say the least, safe travels to anyone making the trip.
BirdFan 4Life
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball