NCAA tournament chances

Discuss MVC baseball here

NCAA tournament chances

Postby Red » May 20th, 2013, 12:54 pm

Props to my Redbirds for winning the Valley. I haven't followed college baseball closely enough nationally to know if any MVC teams have at large chances this year but it would be great if we could get a couple of teams in again.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

NCAA tournament chances

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: NCAA tournament chances

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » May 20th, 2013, 2:25 pm

This is going to be a one bid league. Creighton does not have the top 50 wins to get an at large bid.

But it should make this tournament a lot of fun. I hope you all have big crowds for it, the conference baseball tournament is a really fun event to attend in person.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jet915 » May 20th, 2013, 6:30 pm

There are a couple projections out there that have Creighton as an at-large. I still think it's a longshot and it depends on what happens in the other tournaments but if Creighton can get to the final, there might be a shot.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » May 25th, 2013, 9:40 pm

Jet915 wrote:There are a couple projections out there that have Creighton as an at-large. I still think it's a longshot and it depends on what happens in the other tournaments but if Creighton can get to the final, there might be a shot.

well they didn't so we will never know.

MVC is 1 bid league and it will be interesting to see if WSU is a 4-seed. Projections I had seen up to this point had ISUR (as placeholder team) getting the MVC auto and being a 4 seed.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby iSASO » May 26th, 2013, 10:21 am

No way that one of the worst, if not the worst, Shocker team in nearly 40 years will be better than a 4-seed.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby GoShockers89 » May 26th, 2013, 1:54 pm

With an RPI of 102, you can bank on us being a 4 seed.
GoShockers89
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby iSASO » May 27th, 2013, 10:56 am

When I saw MSU was hosting a Regional, I was happy that Springfield would finally get to show off the best college baseball facility in the country.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » May 27th, 2013, 1:38 pm

iSASO wrote:When I saw MSU was hosting a Regional, I was happy that Springfield would finally get to show off the best college baseball facility in the country.

Way to represent WSU in a classy manner. This is why Wichita State fans have a bad reputation nationally. Nobody hates you because you win, they despise you because you cannot maintain even a morsel of dignity in the process. But good luck this weekend because Brad Hill's club means business!
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shoxrox » May 27th, 2013, 2:28 pm

And you have built up quite a formidable reputation for the MSU fanbase with your posts and envelopes.

Bear fans talked a lot in 2003 but haven't said much since. It's a two-way street, big boy.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball