Daum out at Iowa

Discuss MVC baseball here

Daum out at Iowa

Postby unipanther99 » May 23rd, 2013, 3:33 pm

Former Creighton coach Jack Daum has been fired by Iowa. Do you think any current MVC coaches will be candidates? It's definitely not an easy job, winning seasons have been rare for the Hawkeyes the past several decades.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Daum out at Iowa

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Daum out at Iowa

Postby valleychamp » May 23rd, 2013, 3:41 pm

Maybe Rick Heller would be interested in coming back to Iowa.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » May 23rd, 2013, 4:15 pm

I don't think it is that good of a job to really intrigue the high end Valley coaches. They didn't pay the previous dude a whole lot--bottom third in the Big Ten. Mediocre facilities. Lukewarm commitment from the AD. You look at a position like Georgia that just came open and compare it to Iowa and those two are in different stratospheres.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » May 23rd, 2013, 4:30 pm

I don't think anybody would think its a great job. Almost no job in the North is a "good job", in this current landscape of college baseball. With that said, a job in the B10 is going to be a better job than most Valley jobs most of the time because its going to provide better pay and better resources.

Just after I made my previous post, I have seen some chatter on Twitter from baseball writers saying that Heller should be a candidate for this job.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » July 12th, 2013, 10:12 am

Well it took them a long time to come to a decision that seemed fairly obvious from the start. Rick Heller has been named the next coach of the Iowa Hawkeyes. Sucks for the Sycamores and for the MVC.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball