Wichita State releases Todd Butler’s signed contract

Discuss MVC baseball here

Postby AngryWheat=FTW= » August 28th, 2013, 12:02 pm

http://wheatshockers.com/showthread.php?tid=566

A pretty competitive compensation package nationally. We broke down the bonuses in a hypothetical perfect year for Coach Butler and he should earn in the neighborhood of 713k. If you valuate his guaranteed private jet access, the number might be closer to 800k. Not bad for a college baseball coach.
MTXA = Mental Toughness Xtra Angry!!

>>>Wheatshockers.com<<<
AngryWheat=FTW=
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Wichita State releases Todd Butler’s signed contract

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » August 28th, 2013, 12:28 pm

So if I read it right, he will get $12,500 each year just for having a winning record in the Valley. And he will also get $12,500 for each game WSU plays in a regional. That's interesting. He should be able to hit a few of the bonuses even in a bad year, but good for him I reckon. If he leaves inside of three years he has to pay WSU $300,000. That part seems kinda excessive, like when Florida did that after Billy Donovan briefly took the Orlando Magic job.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Re: Wichita State releases Todd Butler’s signed contract

Postby AngryWheat=FTW= » August 30th, 2013, 8:46 pm

Yes, his team should hit the APR every year as well as finish above .500 in the Valley. So he's pretty much guaranteed 325k. If he wins the regular season or the Valley tournament and plays in a couple NCAA games he starts getting pretty close to 400k. I think we got a great coach and a great contract. Coach Butler can make about as much money as he wants to --- Just win baby!

http://www.wheatshockers.com
MTXA = Mental Toughness Xtra Angry!!

>>>Wheatshockers.com<<<
AngryWheat=FTW=
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball