Bradley Gets an Iowa Commitment

Discuss MVC baseball here

Postby PantherSigEp » September 28th, 2014, 7:32 pm

Ben Olson, a 6'6 lefty from West Des Moines, IA, recently committed to play for the Braves next year. Olson plays for West Des Moines Dowling Catholic, one of Iowa's top prep schools for athletics. Olson wasn't the ace of Dowling's staff last year, in fact he only started 8 games, but he still managed to amass 60 K's in 50 IP with only 14 walks and a 1.54 ERA. Olson also plays a variety of positions in the field but is likely to be just a pitcher at Bradley. His tall frame (still growing and has plenty of room to pack on some more muscle) allows him to get good velocity on his pitches and he has very good command of his secondary pitches.

I've known the kid since he was 9 or 10 as a USSSA/Perfect Game teammate and high school opponent of my brother. Bradley isn't getting a big-time recruit who will get lots of hype prior to taking the field but Benny is a very intelligent player and a great competitor who will add to the team immediately, even if he isn't taking the field. I see him making some big jumps in his game this upcoming season and once he gets to Peoria. Best of luck to Benny and the Braves in the future.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball