BEARS WIN 18TH STRAIGHT; PLAY FOR REGIONAL TITLE SUNDAY

Discuss MVC baseball here

Postby BEARZ77 » May 31st, 2015, 8:10 am

Playing into Sunday morning, the Bears in typical fashion took control of the game in the middle innings and then did enough to hold on for their 18th straight win and a chance to wrap up their regional on Sunday night. The 6th ranked team in the country looked the part much of the day combining timely hitting and shut down pitching to offset a couple lapses defensively in the night game to take games 14-1 and 5-3.

This is such a fun team to watch as their lineup just wears on people 1-9, their top line pitching is tough to string much together against, the defense is solid[infield] to at times spectacular[ outfield] and then their bullpen depth can get them through any rough spots at various points of a game. Don't know when the ride ends, but it's been a fantastic last month and a half to be a Bear.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: BEARS WIN 18TH STRAIGHT; PLAY FOR REGIONAL TITLE SUNDAY

Postby glm38 » May 31st, 2015, 9:24 am

BEARZ77 wrote:Playing into Sunday morning, the Bears in typical fashion took control of the game in the middle innings and then did enough to hold on for their 18th straight win and a chance to wrap up their regional on Sunday night. The 6th ranked team in the country looked the part much of the day combining timely hitting and shut down pitching to offset a couple lapses defensively in the night game to take games 14-1 and 5-3.

This is such a fun team to watch as their lineup just wears on people 1-9, their top line pitching is tough to string much together against, the defense is solid[infield] to at times spectacular[ outfield] and then their bullpen depth can get them through any rough spots at various points of a game. Don't know when the ride ends, but it's been a fantastic last month and a half to be a Bear.

I was a little worried after the first couple of innings. Hall was kind of struggling and we had 2 costly errors early. Not typical of Hall or the Bears defense. But nothing seems to bother these guys. They don't get rattled and they never give up on a game or even an inning.

Great to see the way Springfield/Sw MO has come out to support the Bears too.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheShock » June 1st, 2015, 8:36 am

Go Da Bears! :+1:
TheShock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Championz » June 2nd, 2015, 12:58 pm

Hey BEARZ, we haven't seen you much on the basketball forum lately.

Any fun predictions you wanna throw out there for baseball to add to your resume?
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » June 2nd, 2015, 6:48 pm

Championz wrote:Hey BEARZ, we haven't seen you much on the basketball forum lately.

Any fun predictions you wanna throw out there for baseball to add to your resume?

Nah, I thought I'd just be a chicken s*** like you and take pot shots at anyone who had a wrong prediction for the next 2 years. I don't mind taking a beating from guys like argh or wsufan , who were around when that thread was new and understand the context under which those statements were offered and probably were willing to counter it right at the time. But I just laugh at anyone who didn't have the ballz to debate the issue in the moment and now like to act all superior 3 years later. But hey have at it for the umpteenth time and be a troll on the baseball board since that's all you got; personally I'm getting set to go spend a few days in Fayetteville watching the Bears play baseball. Maybe by Monday I'll be smart like you and have a prediction for you.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » June 2nd, 2015, 7:12 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
Championz wrote:Hey BEARZ, we haven't seen you much on the basketball forum lately.

Nah, I thought I'd just be a chicken s*** like you and take pot shots at anyone who had a wrong prediction for the next 2 years. I don't mind taking a beating from guys like argh or wsufan , who were around when that thread was new and understand the context under which those statements were offered and probably were willing to counter it right at the time. But I just laugh at anyone who didn't have the ballz to debate the issue in the moment and now like to act all superior 3 years later. But hey have at it for the umpteenth time and be a troll on the baseball board since that's all you got; personally I'm getting set to go spend a few days in Fayetteville watching the Bears play baseball. Maybe by Monday I'll be smart like you and have a prediction for you.

Good for you getting tickets. We tried but no dice. The regionals last weekend were one of the best sporting events I've attended in my life. I imagine the super regionals are more of the same. Give those Hogs fans hell in Fayetteville.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » June 3rd, 2015, 9:59 am

BEARZ77 wrote:

Well I appreciate your honesty about being a chickenshit, beeline. But I was here when the prediction was made. I laughed at it then and of course, I'm rolling now.

Don't get mad. You made the statement. Not me or anyone else. When you're that wrong about something and you combine that with your holier than thou, chippy attitude, and well, expect these sort of responses to go for a while.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » June 3rd, 2015, 6:55 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:

Was able to score a couple of tickets for Fri and Sat after all. Woo hoooo! Go Bears!
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball