Bears climb into the top 10

Discuss MVC baseball here

Bears climb into the top 10

Postby Kip Dynamite » March 21st, 2016, 7:21 pm

Don't want to jinx them but the Bears are rolling right now at17-2. #10 on the CBN poll and #14 on the ESPN Coaches poll. Hopefully they can keep it up.
User avatar
Kip Dynamite
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 189
Joined: August 10th, 2010, 10:32 am

Bears climb into the top 10

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: Bears climb into the top 10

Postby glm38 » March 25th, 2016, 6:41 pm

Our hitting has just been phenomenal. Our 3B Jake Burger has to be one of the best players in the country.
User avatar
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 2238
Joined: July 3rd, 2011, 2:00 pm
Location: Springfield, MO

Re: Bears climb into the top 10

Postby DUShock » April 3rd, 2016, 2:05 pm

Well done Bears.
User avatar
DUShock
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 281
Joined: December 14th, 2010, 8:51 am

Re: Bears climb into the top 10

Postby shockalot » April 9th, 2016, 4:39 pm

Glad someone is keeping MVC baseball relevant. Go Bears.
shockalot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 178
Joined: September 16th, 2010, 2:52 pm

Re: Bears climb into the top 10

Postby TheShock » April 13th, 2016, 1:10 pm

Well done Bears! To make a basketball reference... just don't let us "Evansville" you this weekend. :cry:

P.S. With apologies to Evansville; I just couldn't help myself. :(
TheShock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 178
Joined: November 2nd, 2010, 6:01 pm

Re: Bears climb into the top 10

Postby UEACES80 » April 13th, 2016, 4:23 pm

Go Bears keep up the good work.
User avatar
UEACES80
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 198
Joined: March 6th, 2015, 10:25 pm

Re: Bears climb into the top 10

Postby BEARZ77 » April 14th, 2016, 1:15 pm

BEARS win in-state rivalry with MU TIGERS 16-1 on Wednesday night.
BEARZ77
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 521
Joined: June 5th, 2011, 6:54 am

Re: Bears climb into the top 10

Postby Snaggletooth » April 15th, 2016, 9:10 pm

Well the loss to a 200 rpi team will stop all that momentum and "EVANSVILLE" u to death as the SHOX HAMMMER SWOMO 9-2
User avatar
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 1442
Joined: August 10th, 2010, 9:46 pm

Re: Bears climb into the top 10

Postby Snaggletooth » April 16th, 2016, 5:24 pm

WSU is about to run rule SWMO. SWMO now in the same boat as WSU - must win the MVC tournament if they want post-season play.
User avatar
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 1442
Joined: August 10th, 2010, 9:46 pm

Re: Bears climb into the top 10

Postby glm38 » April 16th, 2016, 8:25 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:WSU is about to run rule SWMO. SWMO now in the same boat as WSU - must win the MVC tournament if they want post-season play.


Baseball is like that. Sometimes a team gets hot and wins games against a stronger team. This hurt no doubt. I still think we are the class of the Valley (like last year) and that we'll end up on top at the end of the year.
User avatar
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 2238
Joined: July 3rd, 2011, 2:00 pm
Location: Springfield, MO

Re: Bears climb into the top 10

Postby Snaggletooth » April 17th, 2016, 12:56 pm

glm38 wrote:Baseball is like that. Sometimes a team gets hot and wins games against a stronger team.


I wouldn't actually say WSU got hot. They didn't particularly play well Friday but somehow found a way to win. Looked terrible in the 2nd game in the series, but SWMO didn't show up in the 3rd game.

This hurt no doubt.


With SWMO having such a weak non-conference schedule (SOS 200+, only 1 top 50 win) and the turd they laid this weekend, any hope for at-large is pretty much dead now since there is really no quality wins in the MVC to be had.

I still think we are the class of the Valley (like last year) and that we'll end up on top at the end of the year.


Well that not saying much. Valley looking very much like a 1 bid league. DBU has 1 top 50 win and their RPI is upper 50's, lower 60's. ISUB has two top 50 wins, but their RPI is almost 100.
User avatar
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 1442
Joined: August 10th, 2010, 9:46 pm

Re: Bears climb into the top 10

Postby glm38 » April 17th, 2016, 1:09 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:
glm38 wrote:Baseball is like that. Sometimes a team gets hot and wins games against a stronger team.


I wouldn't actually say WSU got hot. They didn't particularly play well Friday but somehow found a way to win. Looked terrible in the 2nd game in the series, but SWMO didn't show up in the 3rd game.

This hurt no doubt.


With SWMO having such a weak non-conference schedule (SOS 200+, only 1 top 50 win) and the turd they laid this weekend, any hope for at-large is pretty much dead now since there is really no quality wins in the MVC to be had.

I still think we are the class of the Valley (like last year) and that we'll end up on top at the end of the year.


Well that not saying much. Valley looking very much like a 1 bid league. DBU has 1 top 50 win and their RPI is upper 50's, lower 60's. ISUB has two top 50 wins, but their RPI is almost 100.


We'll see who is better at the end of the year.
User avatar
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 2238
Joined: July 3rd, 2011, 2:00 pm
Location: Springfield, MO

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest