BEARS BEAT HOGS 5-4 IN FAYETTEVILLE

Discuss MVC baseball here

Postby BEARZ77 » June 3rd, 2017, 10:59 pm

BEARS hit a pair of early homers and hung on to beat the host Hogs to advance to tomorrow evenings Regional Final against the ARK/ORU winner.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: BEARS BEAT HOGS 5-4 IN FAYETTEVILLE

Postby Jjclamdip » June 4th, 2017, 10:31 am

A very tough place to win, good going! :dance:
Jjclamdip
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BEARZ77 » June 4th, 2017, 11:48 am

Jjclamdip wrote:A very tough place to win, good going! :dance:

Yeah there were 11,000 Hog calling cousins who didn't go home happy last night. :mrgreen:
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jjclamdip » June 4th, 2017, 4:57 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
Jjclamdip wrote:A very tough place to win, good going! :dance:

Yeah there were 11,000 Hog calling cousins who didn't go home happy last night. :mrgreen:

It is quite an experience, the Shox played there in a regional, 04 or 05 maybe, beat the Hogs in the first game for the first win in Fayetteville in years. Arkansas had to win two the next day against the Shox and pulled it off.

It was a Long drive home.

Beat those hillbillies tonight!
Jjclamdip
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BEARZ77 » June 5th, 2017, 6:58 am

Well a 6 hour game with multiple delays and played in off and on rain. Should have been called, but Arkansas protested with Bears up, and it ended in an 11-10 Bears loss. Hate too see politics put in front of players safety regardless of what way the outcome goes. Have to beat them now in front of that 11,000 again this evening. Tough task.

As far as hillbillies, well aren't we all in this part of the states from Missouri/Arkansas/Tennessee/Kentucky etc. I actually really like Arkansas, like going there for baseball, basketball etc., usually root for them second to the Bears and [MU/can't say that too openly in Springfield]. St Louis boy, but a son of the mid south by heart. Like the schools, like the sports, like the traditions of many of the SEC schools over the other Bigs. Grew up hating Texas and rooting for the Hogs in the old SW Conference days. One of my early mentors in college was a former Arkansas great , Tommy Burnett, who was a wide receiver and played with Joe Namath with the NJ Jets briefly before moving into being a college instructor/administrator. Oh well, I digress.
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheShock » June 6th, 2017, 10:57 am

Now, make it to Omaha; I might re-arrange my schedule to be there and support the Bears.
TheShock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball