Dallas Baptist to C-USA

Discuss MVC baseball here

Dallas Baptist to C-USA

Postby TOPSTRAIGHT » April 21st, 2022, 3:56 pm

SOURCE" @KendallRogers twitter (@D1 Baseball)
TOPSTRAIGHT
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Dallas Baptist to C-USA

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Dallas Baptist to C-USA

Postby MVCfans » April 21st, 2022, 5:56 pm

I wonder if we still have threads about adding DBU as a baseball only member from a decade or more ago, but I can recall sitting in the press box at the MVC baseball tournament having a discussion about how the Valley was making a mistake by not adding them. That was a long time ago and fortunately, the ADs who were concerned about added travel costs finally came around to recognize the benefits of adding a strong baseball school. Wish they weren't leaving already.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby VUGrad1314 » April 22nd, 2022, 9:22 am

This makes a lot of sense for DBU geographically and I doubt there's much (if any) dropoff for them in terms of quality of competition. It just sucks for the MVC. I was very excited for this new era but now with so many quality players in basketball gone and losing a top 25 caliber baseball school (even though gaining UIC will help a lot) the league just doesn't feel as strong as it could be. Hopefully this is just a blip on the radar and we will continue to be a leader in all sports at the mid major level going forward.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvfcfan » April 22nd, 2022, 12:10 pm

I like DBU's program, but I am perfectly fine with them leaving, especially now that we have 10 full time members with baseball. They have a definite competitive advantage over everyone since baseball is their only D1 sport and they are also a far geographical outlier. I think this move will mutually benefit DBU and the MVC.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SalukiWorld » April 26th, 2022, 10:17 am

Sucks losing DBU but UIC and Murray State will be good additions for baseball and help geographically.
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BruinGrad » April 27th, 2022, 11:13 am

SalukiWorld wrote:Sucks losing DBU but UIC and Murray State will be good additions for baseball and help geographically.

What about Belmont? We're just beat Evansville for the second time this year. And are fresh off of a three game sweep of Purdue. Our record currently is 27-14 and we're in first place in the OVC. We're no DBU, but I think we can be a nice addition to the MVC baseball scene.

Also, weekend series in Nashville is not a bad gig.
BruinGrad
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby E-Villan » May 1st, 2022, 9:40 am

BruinGrad wrote:
SalukiWorld wrote:Sucks losing DBU but UIC and Murray State will be good additions for baseball and help geographically.

What about Belmont? We're just beat Evansville for the second time this year. And are fresh off of a three game sweep of Purdue. Our record currently is 27-14 and we're in first place in the OVC. We're no DBU, but I think we can be a nice addition to the MVC baseball scene.

Good point. Evansville and SIU are currently tied for first place in the MVC at 8-3, with a 2 game lead over Indiana State and 3 games over DBU and Missouri State. Given Belmont's 2 wins over UE, it's a fair assumption Belmont would be battling for a conference title this year in the MVC.
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby SalukiWorld » May 3rd, 2022, 5:53 pm

BruinGrad wrote:

Oh yeah, I meant to put Belmont. I've been to a few games at their field when SIU comes down, great view of the Nashville skyline.
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball