SIU was rid of Barry Hinson

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: SIU was rid of Barry Hinson

Postby All-MVC Fan » March 20th, 2018, 10:14 am

Do any SIU fans remember the dumpster fire that was Chris Lowry’s tenure at SIU? That’s what Barry inherited. From an outside perspective, I’d say he’s done a remarkable job.

This “Fire Barry” thing is laughable.
All-MVC Fan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Fraydog » March 20th, 2018, 10:15 am

skinny_uncle wrote:There are a small group of SIU posters who consider anything short of a conference title "mediocrity".

I wouldn't say that.

I'd say there's a large group that wants an NCAA next year, especially considering, frankly, the Valley needs SIU to do well.

We all knew Barry inherited a mess.
Fraydog
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 20th, 2018, 10:39 am

Fraydog wrote:
skinny_uncle wrote:There are a small group of SIU posters who consider anything short of a conference title "mediocrity".

I wouldn't say that.

I'd say there's a large group that wants an NCAA next year, especially considering, frankly, the Valley needs SIU to do well.

We all knew Barry inherited a mess.

So why the F are you pissed at Hinson? :huh:

He inherited a mess and has built them up to top 4 in the standings with a shot nearly every year now of winning Arch. But, again, I would love Pippen and Thik gone for selfish reasons....push him out!
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Red » March 20th, 2018, 11:11 am

Has this been confirmed anywhere?
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby siudawgs » March 20th, 2018, 11:34 am

I don’t have the energy to rehash the debates that have raged on the now defunct Saluki message board for years, but anyone who thinks Barry Hinson has done a good job at SIU doesn’t know as much about the situation as they think they do. Six years without so much as an NIT. No marquee wins. Awful scheduling. Pisspoor class balance. And he’s lost most of the fan base (see lagging attendance and recent social media poll of more than 1,200 participants, in which 70% said they wanted a change now.
The fact that SIU might have blown a chance to hire Bryan Mullins adds insult to injury.
siudawgs
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 20th, 2018, 11:48 am

Red wrote:Has this been confirmed anywhere?

Pipe dreams from fans who no longer have a message board and seem to be migrating this way to push their agenda....fun.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby underdawg » March 20th, 2018, 11:50 am

I see the haters have migrated. It's sad they chose to associate with one of the worse trolls in SN history Spike---it's also sad when other Valley fans have to defend SIU's own coach while some so-called fans choose to ruin another board
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby siudawgs » March 20th, 2018, 11:54 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Red wrote:Has this been confirmed anywhere?

Pipe dreams from fans who no longer have a message board and seem to be migrating this way to push their agenda....fun.

My agenda is to see SIU basketball return to relevance. Barry Hinson's resume speaks for itself. He is a helluva schmoozer/self-promoter, though ... I'll give him that.
siudawgs
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 20th, 2018, 11:58 am

underdawg wrote:I see the haters have migrated. It's sad they chose to associate with one of the worse trolls in SN history Spike---it's also sad when other Valley fans have to defend SIU's own coach while some so-called fans choose to ruin another board

Please let's not create a whole new world of Shocker type posters on here.

Like I said before, please drop Hinson, and with it all the talent they have returning next year. They were becoming a threat to win the conference...would love to set them back 4 more years!
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby underdawg » March 20th, 2018, 12:07 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
underdawg wrote:I see the haters have migrated. It's sad they chose to associate with one of the worse trolls in SN history Spike---it's also sad when other Valley fans have to defend SIU's own coach while some so-called fans choose to ruin another board

Please let's not create a whole new world of Shocker type posters on here.

Like I said before, please drop Hinson, and with it all the talent they have returning next year. They were becoming a threat to win the conference...would love to set them back 4 more years!

:lol: yeh you're right :Beer:
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball