Our good friends Wichita...

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Our good friends Wichita...

Postby glm38 » March 16th, 2018, 8:44 pm

Quite a number of AAC fans seem to be taking pleasure in the Shox early exit.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-845838.html
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby VUGrad1314 » March 16th, 2018, 8:56 pm

I just hope Coach Marshall was able to have a nice steak after the game; hopefully better than the kind he can get in Carbondale or Peoria. Unlike him, we fans of the MVC will continue to enjoy the tournament.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wi ... 32881.html
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Dean Wormer » March 16th, 2018, 9:51 pm

While I was happy the classy Marshall won the game, I always hate it when the committee pits two mid-majors against each other in the opening round.
Dean Wormer
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby valleyclimber » March 16th, 2018, 11:07 pm

Karma does exist! :D

The Shockers are now a one and done to the fourth best team in C-USA. Would love to see the Ramblers win another one and go 2-0 while Houston and Cincinnati both lose their next game. That would make the MVC 2-0 while the Shocks supposedly better conference (AAC) would go to 2-3 and be out of the tourney....oooo my now that would be some serious karma.

And the Shockers are now losing six seniors (and who knows who might else transfer because of headcase HC Marshall). Don't think they'll be many tears here in the Valley.

Alright, go get 'em Ramblers! Take down the Vols and earn a spot in the Sweet 16.

ROCK ON MVC! :Cheers:
valleyclimber
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Mikovio » March 17th, 2018, 8:05 am

I want Make the MVC Great Again to show his stupid face. Shocker fan who did nothing but rip Loyola. So much Loyola bashing from Shox who aren't here to eat crow.
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » March 17th, 2018, 4:04 pm

We've lost before although in theValley it was a rare occurrence. Glad to have some competition again. After winning 9 games in the past 5 years, and 5 first rounders in a row, we were due to run into a buzz saw. I was rooting for Loyola in the first round but I'll have to re-evaluate that today.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Dean Wormer » March 17th, 2018, 5:09 pm

There are some positives for 3G. He now has the time to sample the San Diego Steakhouses while Mrs 3G slips across the boarder and makes out with a bottle of Mezcal.
Dean Wormer
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MNPanthers » March 17th, 2018, 5:30 pm

I was gonna write a long and heartfelt post ripping Wichita, but I’ll keep it short.

Watching you lose to a 13 seed after pretending to be a prisoner of mid major bball for the last few years brought me great joy. I look forward to reading more of your butthurt and predictable forum, it’s pretty funny.

Give em hell ‘Blers!
MNPanthers
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby ABC » March 17th, 2018, 5:55 pm

Man, so much pettiness here, especially from Muller.

FWIW, when the Loyola scored was shown at the NCAA tournament game in Wichita on Friday, there was a huge cheer.

I know I was happy, as I would have been for any MVC team but Illinois State. Given how Ill State isn't about to make it to the tourney, that doesn't matter.

The move to the AAC was good for WSU and any other MVC team would have done it too.
ABC
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby glm38 » March 17th, 2018, 7:00 pm

ABC wrote:Man, so much pettiness here, especially from Muller.

FWIW, when the Loyola scored was shown at the NCAA tournament game in Wichita on Friday, there was a huge cheer.

I know I was happy, as I would have been for any MVC team but Illinois State. Given how Ill State isn't about to make it to the tourney, that doesn't matter.

The move to the AAC was good for WSU and any other MVC team would have done it too.

You are totally missing the point. The joy from some on here over WSU losing is about those arrogant over the top WSU fans on this site that constantly belittled everything about the MVC, their teams, and opposing fans. Those same idiotic WSU posters also belittled the addition of Loyola when they came to the MVC.

And so there is a certain karmic justice that in the very year that WSU leaves the Valley - WSU makes a first game exit and Loyola is going to the Sweet 16.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball