Paul Lusk Fired

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Paul Lusk Fired

Postby BEARZ77 » March 20th, 2018, 5:08 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:Dana Ford's name now being bantered???

This is getting ridiculous now. Regardless of how this search ends, I hope that Mr. Moats will be asked to leave shortly, and that Mr. Smart decides to retire. New leadership is needed at all levels.

Ford would be a viable candidate; not sure why that would be ridiculous.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » March 20th, 2018, 5:25 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:

He's fine. But all of these rumors, man. It sounds like leading a search of this magnitude is beyond their capabilities.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » March 20th, 2018, 5:33 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:

He's fine. But all of these rumors, man. It sounds like leading a search of this magnitude is beyond their capabilities.

UHH, You do realize the rumors are the product of chat boards and twitter and have absolutely nothing to do with any statements by Administration. In fact there are so many rumors specifically because they have conducted a very discreet process.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » March 20th, 2018, 5:40 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
UHH, You do realize the rumors are the product of chat boards and twitter and have absolutely nothing to do with any statements by Administration. In fact there are so many rumors specifically because they have conducted a very discreet process.

No, not discreet by a long shot. Should have gone with a search firm. That would have prevented all of these unfortunate leaks and crazy reactions. They thought they could do it along with some random important people in the community. Those people talk. They all talked. And they all now look foolish.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » March 20th, 2018, 5:53 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:

No, not discreet by a long shot. Should have gone with a search firm. That would have prevented all of these unfortunate leaks and crazy reactions. They thought they could do it along with some random important people in the community. Those people talk. They all talked. And they all now look foolish.

Well that's one opinion; not an informed one however.
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » March 20th, 2018, 6:02 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
Well that's one opinion; not an informed one however.

If it is Ford, then I think they did okay in the end. That is satisfactory.

But Moats and Smart wore clown shoes throughout this process. Is that uninformed opinion? Perhaps. But count me as being a skeptic of the people who hired Dave Steckel, brought Lusk back for 2017-2018, and cut the field hockey program. They have a lot to prove to this fan.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Fraydog » March 20th, 2018, 6:06 pm

glm38 wrote:
AndShock wrote:I really just can’t comprehend how an AD and Prez can be this incompetent. It goes back to last year where they guaranteed an NCAA tournament bid when every Average Joe in the world could see that that was a long shot at best. Now they’re making a hire that everyone in the world can see is terrible. It almost leads me to believe corruption over incompetence because no one is this dumb.

Cliff Smart is actually incredibly good at most aspects of his job. Under his watch and guidance MSU has had unprecedented growth both in the student body and infrastructure. This at a time when MU has lost enrollment and had all kinds of problems. The university is prospering in difficult times and he is a big reason why.

With that being said I and many other fans don't think he really understands D1 athletics and he seems to be in total control of the athletics department (not Kyle Moats). IMO we need a competent AD and Smart needs to take a step back. Not sure that's going to happen anytime soon though.

I wish SIU had a leader like Cliff. I like what he's done at MSU overall. Just hasn't translated to athletics.
Fraydog
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BEARZ77 » March 20th, 2018, 6:45 pm

It's being widely reported that it's Ford; but probably nothing official till after Board meeting tomorrow. Not 100% but I think it's done.
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Old School MVC » March 20th, 2018, 6:53 pm

I was kind of hoping that Ford or Yak would be Muller's replacement when he leaves ISU. Dana Ford would be a GREAT hire!
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby AndShock » March 20th, 2018, 7:00 pm

Not sure I get the Dana Ford love. The guy just went 10-8 in his 4th season in the OVC.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball