SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Re: Transfer portal——MVC guys

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Adunk33 » April 22nd, 2024, 12:59 pm

The Redbirds snagged UNI's Landon Wolf from the portal. Pedon said he needed to address shooting in the off season and that's what he's done with Wolf and 6'5 xfer from North Dakota State, Boden Skunberg. There will be some more length at the guard spot for the Birds next year.

If they can keep Kinziger and land a solid big with the final scholarship, they should be primed for a top 4 finish next year with all of the turnover and newness in the league next year.
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sivert » April 22nd, 2024, 3:56 pm

Personally, I think Wolf is a really good player.
More playing time would have served him well last year at UNI. Same with Duax. We just did't have enough time to give those players.

I wish we hadn't lost him - but I'm glad he's staying in the Valley. I'll cheer for him as a Redbird.
Go Panthers!!
sivert
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » April 22nd, 2024, 7:09 pm

sivert wrote:Personally, I think Wolf is a really good player.
More playing time would have served him well last year at UNI. Same with Duax. We just did't have enough time to give those players.

I wish we hadn't lost him - but I'm glad he's staying in the Valley. I'll cheer for him as a Redbird.

A 4th place team didn’t have enough minutes for two good players?
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby saluki bob » April 22nd, 2024, 9:31 pm

SIU's Scottie Ebube to Green Bay where he will be reunited with Foster Wonders and former Mullins assistant, Pat Monaghan.
saluki bob
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Salukimadness86 » April 23rd, 2024, 6:57 am

Losing Ebube is a tough one. A player with two years left, and tons of potential. I hope Nagy has a surprise or two to add soon from the portal. We shall see.
Salukimadness86
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » April 23rd, 2024, 7:40 am

Salukimadness86 wrote:Losing Ebube is a tough one. A player with two years left, and tons of potential. I hope Nagy has a surprise or two to add soon from the portal. We shall see.

I thought he was a great get out of HS and wanted Bradley to get him. He was pretty sporadic his two years in Carbondale. His FT problems were a major issue. Maybe a fresh start in a lesser league will help him.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SalukiWorld » April 23rd, 2024, 7:53 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
Salukimadness86 wrote:Losing Ebube is a tough one. A player with two years left, and tons of potential. I hope Nagy has a surprise or two to add soon from the portal. We shall see.

I thought he was a great get out of HS and wanted Bradley to get him. He was pretty sporadic his two years in Carbondale. His FT problems were a major issue. Maybe a fresh start in a lesser league will help him.

Ebube had trouble staying conditioned and couldn’t play more than 20 minutes a night. Thought if he applied himself, he could be really good in the Valley and was still holding out hope.

SIU needs to up their recruiting now. Steffe and Webber are good gets but neither has played a collegiate minute yet. Can’t build a team of Freshmen and D2 guys and expect to not lose 20 next year. And if you do play the two Freshman heavy minutes, they’re at risk of getting poached by the big boys right away.
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » April 23rd, 2024, 9:25 am

Green Bay having Ebube and Cole Henry is about as good a duo of bigs as one could hope for in the Horizon League plus they nailed the coaching hire last year. They are on their way up.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » April 23rd, 2024, 12:20 pm

BCPanther wrote:Green Bay having Ebube and Cole Henry is about as good a duo of bigs as one could hope for in the Horizon League plus they nailed the coaching hire last year. They are on their way up.

I'm "meh" on the coach. A whole lot of flash there - gonna wait and see on the substance.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball