Southern Illinois hires Scott Nagy

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Southern Illinois hires Scott Nagy

Postby So iLL 24 » April 29th, 2024, 9:25 am

Jarrett Hensley will be returning to SIU.. That means three players on last year's roster will be returning. Could there be another? ;)

Ole SIU board has no faith in me and my information! Poor Quatros_Saluki says I swung and miss.... Did I?
So iLL 24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby tdawgs87 » April 29th, 2024, 10:54 am

There will be 4 returning. Hearing that SIU will have a bunch of recruits in this week.
tdawgs87
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » April 29th, 2024, 11:44 am

So iLL 24 wrote:Jarrett Hensley will be returning to SIU.. That means three players on last year's roster will be returning. Could there be another? ;)

Ole SIU board has no faith in me and my information! Poor Quatros_Saluki says I swung and miss.... Did I?

Lol - the AD speaking at the Nagy press conference confirmed a whole bunch of things you were posting during the coaching search.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby So iLL 24 » April 29th, 2024, 12:09 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:
So iLL 24 wrote:Jarrett Hensley will be returning to SIU.. That means three players on last year's roster will be returning. Could there be another? ;)

Lol - the AD speaking at the Nagy press conference confirmed a whole bunch of things you were posting during the coaching search.

Apparently, my comments are too general and don't give enough specifics. If I get too specific, it comes back to me, and I have no sources, leading to no information.

75% of the board said Rupert and Ferguson were returning because they posted a highlight video from last season. Every player does that, especially players in the portal who want coaches to see.....
So iLL 24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby So iLL 24 » April 29th, 2024, 12:51 pm

tdawgs87 wrote:There will be 4 returning. Hearing that SIU will have a bunch of recruits in this week.

One player will be leaving.
So iLL 24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby SalukiWorld » April 29th, 2024, 12:59 pm

So iLL 24 wrote:
tdawgs87 wrote:There will be 4 returning. Hearing that SIU will have a bunch of recruits in this week.

Are they recruiting over Trey Miller?
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby So iLL 24 » April 29th, 2024, 1:23 pm

SalukiWorld wrote:
So iLL 24 wrote:

Are they recruiting over Trey Miller?

They're certainly trying to. Remember, Nagy likes up-tempo players and shooters. There is a small sample size for Mr. Miller in an SIU uniform, but I certainly didn't see too much "pep in his step."
So iLL 24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby tdawgs87 » May 1st, 2024, 11:15 am

So any news on recruiting visits this week? Heard SIU was expecting a busy week. With needing to fill 7 spots seems we should be hearing news soon.
tdawgs87
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby So iLL 24 » May 1st, 2024, 12:40 pm

tdawgs87 wrote:So any news on recruiting visits this week? Heard SIU was expecting a busy week. With needing to fill 7 spots seems we should be hearing news soon.

Zoom Meetings and visits are happening.
So iLL 24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Salukimadness86 » May 1st, 2024, 3:22 pm

So iLL 24 wrote:
tdawgs87 wrote:So any news on recruiting visits this week? Heard SIU was expecting a busy week. With needing to fill 7 spots seems we should be hearing news soon.

Zoom Meetings and visits are happening.

Inside sources confirmed it was GoogleMeets not Zoom. It's a free software for schools/universities :P
Hearing good news is forth coming by weeks end, but who knows in this crazy world of college athletics!
Salukimadness86
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball