January 24th-25th games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: January 24th-25th games

Postby Ricardo del Rio » January 26th, 2015, 5:38 pm

Bmarq04 wrote:JFC!!!

I am an ISUr fan and am disappointed that we gave away the game after being up 12 halfway thru the second half. No excuse no matter who you're playing. DM is still in his 3rd year and is still learning. I still give him time. He needs to teach the guys to finish games like this. They're still kids and don't know what it takes to finish off a top 20 opponent on their own. If he can't get that done, he'll never get over the hump. He is getting talented players who play hard and are showing some improvements, but just as their execution is on them, his execution is on him.

To the ISUr posters bitching and moaning about IQ and who is classless - STFU!!!

As I read thru these pages on this thread I didn't look at names of posters but couldn't believe how many whiny bitch posts I saw. We lost. The other team(s) might throw that in our face. Even though we didn't wear short pants yesterday and participate in the contest in question, being a fan of a losing team, you'll get those comments. Learn to deal with them and respond appropriately. Trying to fight like hell on the small, irrevalent details makes you look like a bitter POS.

You say "every fan base has them" when referring to WSU, UNI, etc - and every fan base does - but right now, you're being "them" for us. I know you're better than that. Put the loss behind you and bring your A game back to the board please.

Two thumbs up, way up!
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby rlh04d » January 26th, 2015, 5:58 pm

Haha wrote:
rlh04d wrote:Your.

Great catch! :Yea!:

I wonder if one ever types ur instead of your when using a phone and looking to avoid a few extra steps?

If you're responding to a comment about intelligence, go the extra step.

Not trying to be a grammar Nazi and jump all over you, but that's the wrong time to be lazy with your grammar.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » January 26th, 2015, 6:02 pm

COUTEAU wrote:
rlh04d wrote:
And I say that while holding two diplomas from universities ranked far higher than any Valley school, so obviously I must be right ;)

Didn't attend, graduate, or receive your degree(s) from from any school, in The Missouri Valley.
But, hold two diplomas from superior universities.
Yet, here you are....everyday. Well at least, 2000 times in three years.
Both of your alma maters, must be proud.

i never got one of dem dare colleeg diplomies and you got two of dem!
you must be supper smart.

band wagon shox fans...the worse

Woosh. That's the sarcastic joke flying right over your head.

Color me shocked that you don't have a diploma.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » January 26th, 2015, 6:03 pm

isuredbirds92 wrote:
rlh04d wrote:
isuredbirds92 wrote:
I mean you wanted to talk about the IQ of the fan bases, so I just thought I'd nip that in the bud.

Using university rankings to argue IQ is phenomenally weak.

And I say that while holding two diplomas from universities ranked far higher than any Valley school, so obviously I must be right ;)

How else should we measure IQ? It's a safe assumption to say that a large portion of fans of valley teams are alumni, is it not?

How else should we generalize the IQ of hundreds of thousands of people? Generally not doing that is a safe bet.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » January 26th, 2015, 6:11 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
COUTEAU wrote:
rlh04d wrote: band wagon shox fans...the worse

Bandwagon fans of any team are usually the worst. You should have seen some of the Drake "fans" that were posting on Valleytalk and Drakenation back in 2008.....none of them are anywhere to be found now.

Yep, I'm an NIT-champion bandwagon fan. Couldn't contain my excitement.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » January 26th, 2015, 6:17 pm

rlh04d wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:
COUTEAU wrote: band wagon shox fans...the worse

Bandwagon fans of any team are usually the worst. You should have seen some of the Drake "fans" that were posting on Valleytalk and Drakenation back in 2008.....none of them are anywhere to be found now.

Yep, I'm an NIT-champion bandwagon fan. Couldn't contain my excitement.

I wasn't referring to you.....sorry if you took it that way.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby rlh04d » January 26th, 2015, 6:44 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
rlh04d wrote:34 point drubbing for Drake, with tons of playing time for WSU's deep bench. Marshall played 15, and only Nurger and walkon JRS went scoreless.

I have a feeling Ray will probably keep his foot away from his mouth in press conferences moving forward, but I appreciate the motivation he gave to our 6-13 guys.

What's weird is that despite the extra motivation that Giacoletti apparently gave the Shox, ISU still beat Drake worse than WSU did....and ISU was missing 3 starters when they played Drake. Please don't assume that to mean I'm saying ISU is better than WSU, but ISU was really good the night Giacoletti made those comments.

Sorry to interrupt the ISU-UNI pissing contest. :Cheers:

You're right. The real story here is that half the teams in the league can name their margin of victory against Drake.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbird Recon » January 26th, 2015, 7:08 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:Classless is throwing deep down the middle up two scores with two minutes left in a game.

Oh, c'mon. You were still calling timeouts, Sawyer was rolling and we were only up 13. It was 3rd & 9 with 2:12 left in the game. Let's say we run the ball and you stop us. We weren't in FG range. Giving UNI the ball back with 1:30 left, down only 2 scores, is just stupid considering how well Kollmorgen was playing.

:Cheers:
Last edited by Redbird Recon on January 26th, 2015, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbird Recon » January 26th, 2015, 7:10 pm

Bmarq04 wrote:To the ISUr posters bitching and moaning about IQ and who is classless - STFU!!!

:+1:

Bandwagon Bird fans are embarrassing.
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 26th, 2015, 7:39 pm

Redbird Recon wrote:
Khan4Cats wrote:Classless is throwing deep down the middle up two scores with two minutes left in a game.

Oh, c'mon. You were still calling timeouts, Sawyer was rolling and we were only up 13. It was 3rd & 9 with 2:12 left in the game. Let's say we run the ball and you stop us. We weren't in FG range. Giving UNI the ball back with 1:30 left, down only 2 scores, is just stupid considering how well Kollmorgen was playing.

:Cheers:

I don't know anything about this situation, but if the opposing team is still calling timeouts and playing starters, the playbook is fair game.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball