Muller
35%
Simmons
7%

Total votes : 54

Re: Most Disliked Valley Coach

Postby Bmarq04 » March 30th, 2015, 4:31 pm

rlh04d wrote:
Bmarq04 wrote:Muller pulled Lofton out for games last year. I think he even didn't let him travel for whatever end of season tournament we were in. Pretty sure Lofton was suspended for a couple regular season games too. And that was just for detriment to the team stuff.

There haven't been other legal issues since Knight so we don't know how he'll handle those. Hopefully we don't have to find out.

Lofton played in every game but the CBI. Which, like I said, is barely above exhibition games for how much they matter to a coach's interests.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean this as just trashing Muller. I'm not sure if other Valley coaches have had to deal with a similar decision on how to punish a star for legal trouble. I don't recall Marshall having to, so I can't realistically say he would have done it better.

My only point is that in the one big incident where Muller seemingly needed to hold someone accountable, he didn't, and yet he's being praised for holding players accountable in this thread. That's not the case. Best case scenario, he's 50/50 with holding players accountable. That's not praise-worthy. It's not something I would particularly attack him over either, just don't praise him for it.

I think that's fair.
Bmarq04
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdmanBB » March 30th, 2015, 5:42 pm

Is it just me or have shocker fans been going on the offensive as of late since the walls are inevitably crumbling?
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SHOXMVC » March 30th, 2015, 6:02 pm

BirdmanBB wrote:Is it just me or have shocker fans been going on the offensive as of late since the walls are inevitably crumbling?

Did I miss something. The walls are strong as ever. In fact I saw Jackie kung fu kick our walls the other day. He will miss 4-6 weeks.
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby rlh04d » March 30th, 2015, 6:42 pm

BirdmanBB wrote:Is it just me or have shocker fans been going on the offensive as of late since the walls are inevitably crumbling?

Well that was just weak.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » March 30th, 2015, 6:47 pm

Us Shockerfans are always like this. Pay attention.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdmanBB » March 30th, 2015, 8:39 pm

Walls inevitably crumbling was a bit harsh. I apologize. Probably a little leeway should be given since you are all on pins and needles right now. As much as Marshall is a pain in ISU's butt, I would prefer he stick around. I just see it being really tough with Alabama giving him total control, resources and a lot of cash. I hope I'm wrong, but boy is that a lot to consider and say no to.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Play Angry » March 30th, 2015, 8:56 pm

We appreciate the obviously sincere concern from the author of the following:

BirdmanBB wrote:Nice exchange by both Marshall and Muller at the end. Marshall could have shown a little class and set an example for a majority of the fanbase, instead he blows right by. It's no wonder a lot of the fans act the same as he does towards ISU. Then he's at it again and implies that we purposefully dove a Van Vleets legs. Really......Can you at least wait to see a replay before making a dumb statement like that. He just panders to the fanbase and tries to add fuel to the fire.

It's a good thing you guys are good, because no one would put up with his classlessness otherwise.

You guys look hella good though despite having a jackwagon coach. Wichita is a really tough place to play a game. You guys are every bit the #6 ranking you are given. Just too bad about that coach thing.

Thanks for the well wishes.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Rambler63 » March 30th, 2015, 9:03 pm

I feel cheated that Moser didn't get any votes. I would have voted for him in October.
Rambler63
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdmanBB » March 30th, 2015, 9:47 pm

Play Angry wrote:We appreciate the obviously sincere concern from the author of the following:

BirdmanBB wrote:Nice exchange by both Marshall and Muller at the end. Marshall could have shown a little class and set an example for a majority of the fanbase, instead he blows right by. It's no wonder a lot of the fans act the same as he does towards ISU. Then he's at it again and implies that we purposefully dove a Van Vleets legs. Really......Can you at least wait to see a replay before making a dumb statement like that. He just panders to the fanbase and tries to add fuel to the fire.

It's a good thing you guys are good, because no one would put up with his classlessness otherwise.

You guys look hella good though despite having a jackwagon coach. Wichita is a really tough place to play a game. You guys are every bit the #6 ranking you are given. Just too bad about that coach thing.

Thanks for the well wishes.

No problem. I stand behind that post. My opinion of Marshall as a person and as a coach are two entirely different things. Is that ok with you? Don't take my feelings about Marshall personally. You have entirely way too much time on your hands to be sifting through my old posts. Don't worry, i won't do that with you. I'll be too busy surfing the message boards and defending Muller as if it were a personal attack on myself and way of life. :roll:
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Play Angry » March 31st, 2015, 6:34 am

Getting defensive about one's own mediocre trolling is just sad.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball