Why was a disciplined referee allowed to ref last night?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Why was a disciplined referee allowed to ref last night?

Postby glm38 » February 28th, 2013, 4:30 pm

CBB_Fan wrote:I'm not arguing that he consciously thought "I am going to make sure I make for my mistake." No ref should ever think that. What I do think is that reffing against the same team may have problems because of his implicit associations with that team. IE, he might have been unconsciously slow on the draw.

I see what you mean but that's REALLY a stretch. I don't see a problem at all.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BCPanther » February 28th, 2013, 4:34 pm

Janssen was the least culpable of the three that night. Hall and Pollard were the two that assessed the flagrant.

Making a mountain out of a mole hill...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WhiskeySierraUniform » February 28th, 2013, 6:06 pm

This is a moot point in my opinion. Had nothing to do with the outcome of the game and made no difference to 99% of the fans and players at the game last night. Get over the crying about refs already. That loss last night is squarely on the shoulders of the Shockers and the coaching staff.
"I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." Anthony Kiedis
WhiskeySierraUniform
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby UE-grad » February 28th, 2013, 9:48 pm

jwa123 wrote:Pollard's a treat. If you want to learn how to be a ref, he runs a camp for aspiring refs. What a joke.

I thought I heard he was an assignor or director of officials for a couple of conferences including the MVC, but I may be wrong.

The list of bad refs grows each season, but they somehow are moving into the big ten now - Boronski, Kissenger, and others. Where is Tom Eades when we need him?

I can guarantee that Pollard, Janssen will be working the championship game on Sunday in St.L.
UE-grad
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 28th, 2013, 10:37 pm

UE-grad wrote:
jwa123 wrote:Pollard's a treat. If you want to learn how to be a ref, he runs a camp for aspiring refs. What a joke.

I thought I heard he was an assignor or director of officials for a couple of conferences including the MVC, but I may be wrong.

The list of bad refs grows each season, but they somehow are moving into the big ten now - Boronski, Kissenger, and others. Where is Tom Eades when we need him?

I can guarantee that Pollard, Janssen will be working the championship game on Sunday in St.L.

I've seen Eades at several Creighton games this year, so he's still doing MVC games.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » February 28th, 2013, 10:45 pm

Let's bring Ron Zetcher out of retirement. Is he still alive? :Beer:
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby SalukiBand » March 1st, 2013, 11:52 am

The guy who called the goaltend in the SIU/Wichita St. game (whose name escapes me right now) has already been back to the Arena for a game. Maybe the MoState game a couple of weeks ago.
SalukiBand
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BCPanther » March 1st, 2013, 12:09 pm

unipanther99 wrote:Let's bring Ron Zetcher out of retirement. Is he still alive? :Beer:

I can't imagine that guy is still going with the liver damage that he has to have suffered over the years... ;)
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball