Top Shooting Guards

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Top Shooting Guards

Postby Redbird Recon » August 5th, 2013, 9:06 pm

Wufan wrote:
Redbird23 wrote:Zeisloft is an amazing shooter and I think that Lofton has a big year

There are lots of amazing shooters and good JUCO transfers. Why are yours special?

Zeisloft was one of the better players on the team this summer.
He either got a lot better, or we're going to blow; maybe both.
I've never seen Lofton play live, so I won't comment on him.
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Aargh » August 6th, 2013, 9:53 am

The problem with evaluating players in the summer is that pickup games are played differently than actual games. Then there's the added factor of the "other team" typically being a second unit team, which doesn't equate to what they will see in the regular season.

An additional problem at IlSU this summer is that the games are being played against very few defenders with any actual experience at how D is played in the Valley.

About all you can really evaluate from summer games is can or cannot run, jump, or hit an open shot. WSU fans missed on David Kyles for years. He was All-Valley every summer. Kyles could run, jump, and hit open shots with the best of them, but struggled with utilizing those abilities in a more organized environment.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ahunte1 » August 6th, 2013, 10:06 am

For those interested:

Loyola's Devon Turk played 22 minutes per game and set a school record for most three pointers by a freshman with 65. He shot 43% from three on the year, which I believe was second in the nation among freshmen.

For what it's worth.
ahunte1
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » August 6th, 2013, 1:24 pm

ahunte1 wrote:For those interested:

Loyola's Devon Turk played 22 minutes per game and set a school record for most three pointers by a freshman with 65. He shot 43% from three on the year, which I believe was second in the nation among freshmen.

For what it's worth.

Looks like a good one! Thanks for pointing him out.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball