Jarrett Hensley, 6-8 Sr.
Sheridan Sharp, 6-3 So.

Newcomers

Ali Dibba, 6-4 Sr. (Abilene Christian)
Drew Steffe, 6-5 RS Fr. (Texas Tech)
Damien Mayo, 6-3 Jr. (Missouri State)
Davion Sykes, 6-6 Jr. (Texas State)
Jaheem Webber, 6-10 Fr. (Normal HS)
Rolyns Aligbe, 6-9 Fr. (Winchendon Prep)
Tyler Bey, 6-9 So. (Missouri State)
Jorge Moreno, 6-10 Jr. (Lee CC)

Adding a point guard who could challenge Sharp for the starting spot would seem to be a high priority in the (very) late stages of the spring cycle. I don't think that's really Mayo's game (correct me if I'm wrong, MoState fans), and you wouldn't think they'd go into the season with only one true PG onboard. They could probably also still use another 3-point sniper to complement Steffe, but they are stocked with athleticism and depth at the wing spots.

Believe Mayo's best offense is in front of him , right now he's best around the basket and on cuts. Can post up most guards his size or smaller. However, if he isn't active offensively, it's tough to pair him with a traditional pg . He's got tons of leadership qualities, is really versatile defensively , but isn't a pg and to date hasn't shown a consistent outside stroke. But like I said, pair him with a couple offensive minded guards and his defense and intangibles come thru .
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: 24/25 Rosters

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby FunchessonPopcorn » May 29th, 2024, 12:25 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
siudawgs wrote:SIU's roster (so far, still two scholarships open):

Returnees

Kennard Davis, 6-6 So.
Jarrett Hensley, 6-8 Sr.
Sheridan Sharp, 6-3 So.

Newcomers

Ali Dibba, 6-4 Sr. (Abilene Christian)
Drew Steffe, 6-5 RS Fr. (Texas Tech)
Damien Mayo, 6-3 Jr. (Missouri State)
Davion Sykes, 6-6 Jr. (Texas State)
Jaheem Webber, 6-10 Fr. (Normal HS)
Rolyns Aligbe, 6-9 Fr. (Winchendon Prep)
Tyler Bey, 6-9 So. (Missouri State)
Jorge Moreno, 6-10 Jr. (Lee CC)

Adding a point guard who could challenge Sharp for the starting spot would seem to be a high priority in the (very) late stages of the spring cycle. I don't think that's really Mayo's game (correct me if I'm wrong, MoState fans), and you wouldn't think they'd go into the season with only one true PG onboard. They could probably also still use another 3-point sniper to complement Steffe, but they are stocked with athleticism and depth at the wing spots.

Believe Mayo's best offense is in front of him , right now he's best around the basket and on cuts. Can post up most guards his size or smaller. However, if he isn't active offensively, it's tough to pair him with a traditional pg . He's got tons of leadership qualities, is really versatile defensively , but isn't a pg and to date hasn't shown a consistent outside stroke. But like I said, pair him with a couple offensive minded guards and his defense and intangibles come thru .

I’m thinking Mayo will benefit from Nagy legitimately playing with pace, because it should increase ability to gather some points around the bucket in theory, but curious if you think that will matter much or not?

I feel like he was a really solid get for a conference rival, and for Nagy’s system especially.

Webber is an interesting big for SIU to get as well, and good on SIU that he is staying with Nagy. Freshmen bigs are harder to project, at least speaking for myself, but I expect he will develop into a good one. No idea what he will be able to do year one, but he has some talent.
FunchessonPopcorn
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BEARZ77 » May 29th, 2024, 1:40 pm

Damien could make a big leap forward offensively, but even if he doesn't ,he'll bring value when he's on the court. Plays hard , is team oriented , is surprisingly explosive athletically at times. He's that guy you see glimpses of what he can do, and go wow , but then don't see it again for a while. But he was young and in an inconsistent system with Ford. Most Bear fans wanted Mayo to stay as much as any other player,and most saw him as a classic ZO type player.

Bey, who knows ; long and with some perimeter skills. Not very strong, had a lot of freshman in him last year in his effort and judgement at times, got inconsistent pt as a result. Can step out but didn't shoot consistently; think he's a hit or miss, probably not much in between. Whereas Mayo will help no matter what .
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Adunk33 » May 29th, 2024, 3:09 pm

The Redbirds. All seniors are in their final year of eligibility. All Fs listed are really more stretch 4's that the traditional 5, outside of Walker and Feather (ironically, enough) who are both 260-280.
Returners:
6' G, Johnny Kinziger - Soph (De Pere, WI)
6'6 G, Ty Pence - Soph (St. Joseph, IL)
6'9 F, Chase Walker - Soph (Columbus, OH)
6'3 G, Malachi Poindexter - Sr (U of Virginia, Mineral, VA)
6'3 G, Dalton Banks - Sr (SIU, Eu Clare WI)
6'5 G, Jordan Davis - Sr (Wisconsin, La Crosse, WI)
7'1 F, Brandon Lieb - Sr (Illannoy, Deerfield, IL)

Incoming:
6'3 G, Cade Norris - Fr (Brother of Loyola's Braden Norris, Hillard OH)
6'8 F, Jack Daugherty - Fr (Brookfield, WI)
6'5 G, Boden Skunberg - Sr (via NDSU)
6'4 G, Landon Wolf - Jr (via UNI)
6'10 F, Caden Boser - Sr (via Valdosta State)
6'9 F, Cameron Barnes - R Fr (via Ole Miss)
6'9, 260 F, Nick Feather - Fr, PWO. (Heyworth, IL)
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » May 29th, 2024, 3:44 pm

Adunk33 wrote:The Redbirds. All seniors are in their final year of eligibility. All Fs listed are really more stretch 4's that the traditional 5, outside of Walker and Feather (ironically, enough) who are both 260-280.
Returners:

Incoming:

This is a big season for Pedon. He needs a top 4 finish.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Adunk33 » May 30th, 2024, 10:01 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
Adunk33 wrote:The Redbirds. All seniors are in their final year of eligibility. All Fs listed are really more stretch 4's that the traditional 5, outside of Walker and Feather (ironically, enough) who are both 260-280.
Returners:

Incoming:

This is a big season for Pedon. He needs a top 4 finish.

Completely agree. In year 3, he has solid roster continuity with guys who understand his system, expectations, and how he operates on a day to day basis. That said, expect the Redbirds to be playing a lot more 4-out concepts as opposed to playing through a guy like Foster in the paint. They key point to address in the offseason was 3pt shooting and it seems Pedon has done that.

With all of the new in the league, teams like ILST have a chance to make a serious jump. Top 4 is a good goal to have but top 2 would be ideal. Really, they should be able to compete for the top spot. I've got Bradley 1 and then a whole lot of ??????

Huge year for Pedon because come Spring 2025, he'll need to fill 6 spots and that is excluding any transfers out. We will certainly anticipate a couple of those at least. So, a minimum of 8 new guys for the '25-'26 season.
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jturner38 » May 30th, 2024, 3:37 pm

Indiana State
Returners:
6'8 F, Aaron Gray - SR - Last season dealt with the 2 time Transfer rule/injury, avg 12 ppg at Niagra
6'7 F, Jaden Daughtry - SO - Inside scorer, Good Rebounder, Improve 3 point shooting and lateral quickness
6'10 C, Derek Vorst - SO - Can play both inside and out, Needs to work on setting good legal screens
6'3 G, Cooper Bean (Walk-on) - SO

Incoming:
6'10 C, Markus Harding - Central Michigan/SR - Avg 10.2 on a 4th place team that was balanced.
6'10 F, Bobby Cannon - FR - Kevin Durant build and similar skillset so I'm intrigued.
6'6 G/F, Jayan Walker - FR
6'2 G, Tyran Cook - VMI/SO - Avg 12.7ppg, 2.8 rbg, 2.4 apg, 34% from 3
6'7 F, Merritt Alderink - FR
6'6 G/F, Jahni Summers - Juco/SO - Avg 18 ppg, 4.5 Rpg, 1.6 apg, 37% from 3
6'2 G, Samage Teel - Presbyterian/JR - Avg 14 ppg, 3 rpg, 3 apg, 43% from 3
6'6 G, Camp Wagner Rice/SO - 38% from 3 - Didn't play much

https://sycamorepride.com/forums/sycamo ... ofiles.41/

2 Scholarships left to fill. Coach Graves will continue to run the same style as Schertz did as he spent 3 seasons under him. He has been a HC before and failed, which he acknowledged and provided reasons why. I didn't provide much detail on everyone because they all can play just don't know what it's going to look like until it comes together. The returners did play against our starting 6 in practice everyday so I think they will showcase their talent this season. This team also feels Taller.
jturner38
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby bluestreak » May 31st, 2024, 8:14 am

Just for S&G's here is Verbal Commits (verbalcommits.com) Recruitment Power Score (RPS) for the valley:
ISU: 3.99
Belmont:  3.79
SIU: 3.29
UNI: 3.35
MSU: 3.68
E-Ville:3.15
UIC: 3.51
Murray:3.79
Drake: 2.76
ILSU: 3.71
Bradley: 3.35
Valpo: 3.36
bluestreak
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby DUBulldog » May 31st, 2024, 10:18 am

bluestreak wrote:Just for S&G's here is Verbal Commits (verbalcommits.com) Recruitment Power Score (RPS) for the valley:
ISU: 3.99
Belmont:  3.79
SIU: 3.29
UNI: 3.35
MSU: 3.68
E-Ville:3.15
UIC: 3.51
Murray:3.79
Drake: 2.76
ILSU: 3.71
Bradley: 3.35
Valpo: 3.36

Where do you find that info on Verbalcommits?
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bluestreak » May 31st, 2024, 10:49 am

On the upper right of each Team page there is a RPS logo, star and number rating.
bluestreak
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball