Marshall

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Marshall

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 9th, 2017, 1:17 pm

shocktheheart wrote:
TheObserver wrote:Sports is about arrogance. That's the whole point of being a fan - winning and bragging it up against the losers. I'm not sure what else it is about. But then again, you've been on the losing end for the better part of the last 20 years so that's expected. And by the way, you're the most arrogant, welching fan of them all -and you're a fan of FREAKING EVANSVILLE, so I'm not sure why you're so hypocritical about this.

You're spinning in circles and falling over like a 2 year old. You make little to no sense. By your infinite display of logic, every program in the entire country is a good program because for the most part there have been 2-3 year stints of good years for most schools. But once again, programs are compared on an overall level. You don't like that notion because your argument gets destroyed badly. Very badly. Like every argument you venture into... (Oklahoma State LOL, welching bet, etc.)

From 2013-present: WSU has a better program than Indiana.
In 2017, Northern Kentucky has a better program than Evansville.

Sports is about everything but what you say here. I have seven boys..yes seven and the oldest is now a college athlete. I have taught them all that you treat your opponent and the fans with respect in winning and losing. I have even pulled my oldest son out of a game when he was 10 years old and I wasn't the coach. If he can't handle his emotions, I won't stand to watch it and nobody else will. The coach was pretty surprised that he needed a first baseman when I did pull him. We went home right then and we haven't had an issue with him like that again. I view sports at least in the college age and below by turning kids into young men and women that can prioritize their life and give up some things at the moment they don't want to for the end goal. My son has missed out on a lot of "fun" to get where he is, but I don't think he regrets it at all. Sports is not at all what you mentioned above.

Well said and so true. Also glad to see some WSU fans finally seeing the light with ShockerFever a bit. His "I'm better than you" approach is in poor taste and is why posters on this site from other fan bases are disappearing.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheObserver » March 9th, 2017, 1:57 pm

Sorry Bird. Maybe you should review your posting history instead of acting high and mighty in this discussion.

I normally don't take sports too seriously either. But I've seen enough from opposing fan bases to approach it as I see fit.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 9th, 2017, 2:03 pm

TheObserver wrote:Sorry Bird. Maybe you should review your posting history instead of acting high and mighty in this discussion.

I normally don't take sports too seriously either. But I've seen enough from opposing fan bases to approach it as I see fit.

Never do I rub in a win (or loss) on anyone. You can check my history for that all you want. Nor do I try to make another fan, just because of who he/she happens to root for feel bad, and more specifically, feel inferior to me because their team isn't good or lost to my team.

Both are things you do...regularly.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » March 9th, 2017, 2:16 pm

Oh, my bad.

The name-calling and belittling of other posters is saved for the other stuff. You should feel proud.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 9th, 2017, 3:56 pm

Not going to argue on this. It's not worth it.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » March 9th, 2017, 4:25 pm

Because you can't. Otherwise you'd be an enormous hypocrite.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 9th, 2017, 4:40 pm

TheObserver wrote:Because you can't. Otherwise you'd be an enormous hypocrite.

Or, you really aren't worth it...

You are a terrible representation of Shocker nation. Grow up.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » March 9th, 2017, 4:48 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:Not going to argue on this. It's not worth it.

You're a terrible representative of your own posts.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 9th, 2017, 4:49 pm

TheObserver wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:Not going to argue on this. It's not worth it.

You're a terrible representative of your own posts.

Childish.

Sorry everyone.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » March 9th, 2017, 4:54 pm

Hey Birdseye wanna go talk about our basketball teams somewhere?? Hope you make the tournament this year, may be a long shot but I wish ya'll the best of luck!
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball