WSU @ UNI--ESPN2

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: WSU @ UNI--ESPN2

Postby zippydeedoodawgs » February 2nd, 2013, 5:12 pm

bleach wrote:Rush the court???????

WSU was (is, but not for long I figure) ranked.
zippydeedoodawgs
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 3ontheway » February 2nd, 2013, 5:14 pm

beating a GGGGGGGM coached team with that pedigree warrants a court storming.

i will go ahead and post usaso's next post for him: please see below

UNI is a better basketball team than WSU. The better team won today, I'm sure all of you will agree. The better coach won today as well.
3ontheway
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » February 2nd, 2013, 5:31 pm

I didn't think it warranted rushing the court. In fact I think they players were a little surprised by it too.

For the 3rd straight game we outplayed our opponent. This time was the first time we didn't take a large dump in our pants at the end. Obviously a wet fart came out, but we fought through to find a way to win. We can be a very good team at times, but it just isn't that often. We did a great job on Early. Hall is an absolute beast. Wichita just didn't have anything from their guards today. The huge stat was we got 9 offensive rebounds and we were able to only be out rebounded by 1.

I figure we are in for a couple of more stinkers coming up, but then some how beat Creighton when the come to they McLeod in a few weeks.
Last edited by UNIFanSince1983 on February 2nd, 2013, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby saluki762 » February 2nd, 2013, 5:33 pm

I have never seen anyone that gives a damn about this other than message board posters.

Most of the kids in the student section are at said university attending games for 4-5 years. At best, they have the chance to see UNI beat 1 or 2 ranked teams during that time. Who really cares if they want to rush the court?
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby iSASO » February 2nd, 2013, 5:36 pm

Great Game UNI! Now no MVC team will be playing in KC as a 4 seed. Elgin has to be thrilled.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CBB_Fan » February 2nd, 2013, 5:38 pm

Wichita State has been playing like D2 basketball ever since beating Creighton. They need to take a long and hard look at what they want to accomplish this season. In consecutive games after getting a lofty 15 ranking, they haven't played like a top 50 squad.
CBB_Fan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby jackwagon » February 2nd, 2013, 5:42 pm

The better coach did win today. The better team did not. Shockers have to adjust to how teams are playing them now. They would really benefit from Baker and Wessel being healthy. They both could bust the zone. Now it would lead to them not being as good on defense but defense is not the Shockers problem. They are just not a very talented offensive team . UNI finally finished a game and that is good to see. They will hopefully pull it together and end up with a 4/5 seed.
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » February 2nd, 2013, 5:44 pm

jackwagon wrote:The better coach did win today. The better team did not. Shockers have to adjust to how teams are playing them now. They would really benefit from Baker and Wessel being healthy. They both could bust the zone. Now it would lead to them not being as good on defense but defense is not the Shockers problem. They are just not a very talented offensive team . UNI finally finished a game and that is good to see. They will hopefully pull it together and end up with a 4/5 seed.

We didn't play zone at all today. I am not sure we have played any zone this year at all.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby AndShock » February 2nd, 2013, 6:04 pm

saluki762 wrote:

I have never seen anyone that gives a damn about this other than message board posters.

And basketball analysts.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » February 2nd, 2013, 6:11 pm

Did storming used to be a fine or penalty of some kind? Or was that in football? Maybe it was idle chat?
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball