Wichita @ Drake 1/28 8PM

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wichita @ Drake 1/28 8PM

Postby MoValley John » January 28th, 2012, 11:04 pm

Jet915 wrote:Yes, good job Drake. Creighton alone at first. Only thing I'm worried about this win is will it affect bracketbuster matchups. Otherwise, good job pups!

There are a lot of things that this upset messes up. Two ranked Valley teams, Bracketbusters, two highly seeded teams in the dance. It was an exciting game to watch but I'm not all that thrilled with the outcome.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby iSASO » January 28th, 2012, 11:06 pm

MoValley John wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Yes, good job Drake. Creighton alone at first. Only thing I'm worried about this win is will it affect bracketbuster matchups. Otherwise, good job pups!

There are a lot of things that this upset messes up. Two ranked Valley teams, Bracketbusters, two highly seeded teams in the dance. It was an exciting game to watch but I'm not all that thrilled with the outcome.

Doug Elgin must be smiling tonight.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ace Dad » January 28th, 2012, 11:08 pm

Shockerfan13 wrote:Gratz on the title CU. You guys won't falter as the Shox did. Champions win this game.

Typical some-timey fan: Your team loses a hard fought game and you start pissing in the players. Both teams played like champions tonight and it is a shame that one walked away a "loser." Jump off the bandwagon before it goes back to Wichita.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 28th, 2012, 11:09 pm

Can anyone tell me why Wichita State kept jacking threes when they weren't falling?
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » January 28th, 2012, 11:10 pm

I believe a front runner for third place emerged tonight in Des Moines. Gratz to DU.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby Jet915 » January 28th, 2012, 11:10 pm

Creighton is alone at first but there is still alot of season left. CU lost at home to MSU, Drake isn't a bad loss, there are still alot of games to play.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » January 28th, 2012, 11:11 pm

MoValley John wrote:Can anyone tell me why Wichita State kept jacking threes when they weren't falling?

Because based on odds, the next two will fall, WSU wins the game and then the observer says:

"Damn, those Shockers pulled that one out."
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shockerfan13 » January 28th, 2012, 11:11 pm

Ace Dad wrote:
Shockerfan13 wrote:Gratz on the title CU. You guys won't falter as the Shox did. Champions win this game.

Typical some-timey fan: Your team loses a hard fought game and you start pissing on the players. Both teams played like champions tonight and it is a shame that one walked away a "loser." Jump off the bandwagon before it goes back to Wichita.

FU and go away. You know nothing about me. I am sick of your high and mighty attitude
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » January 28th, 2012, 11:12 pm

pafan wrote:I believe a front runner for third place emerged tonight in Des Moines. Gratz to DU.

I beat you to it on the third place thread. Drake is looking tougher and tougher. If they could be consistent, you'd have a contender for first.
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 28th, 2012, 11:13 pm

Ace Dad wrote:
MoValley John wrote:Can anyone tell me why Wichita State kept jacking threes when they weren't falling?

Because based on odds, the next two will fall, WSU wins the game and then the observer says:

"Damn, those Shockers pulled that one out."

But they didn't.... They didn't the whole second half and into overtime. Wasted possessions.
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball