"Review of some preseason college basketball magazines"

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby 45otseoj » September 6th, 2010, 8:06 pm

http://bubravesblogger.blogspot.com/201 ... llege.html

I generally have little respect for the schools whose fans treat others with such disdain, insults, and disrespect that it fills their blogs, message boards, and arenas.

It's easy to spot - it is obvious classlessness......You NEVER see it at Bradley. Bradley's fans are the epitome of class. But those fans of certain other Valley teams are arrogant, boast mightily when they happen to be winning, but even backstab their own team when they're losing -- but never stop ripping on their opponents' teams.

By and large I appreciate the same fans that the teams and schools themselves appreciate. Odd how you never see any of those back-stabbers and constantly critical "pseudo-fans" invited to any exclusive Bradley function, and they really don't even show up to cheer all that often at ANY significant function.

Thus, there are really only 2 Valley teams that I don't follow with respect ...although there's one more kinda sitting on the border the way some of their fans are acting lately.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: "Review of some preseason college basketball magazines"

Postby Shockerfan13 » September 6th, 2010, 8:20 pm

45otseoj wrote:http://bubravesblogger.blogspot.com/2010/09/review-of-some-preseason-college.html

I generally have little respect for the schools whose fans treat others with such disdain, insults, and disrespect that it fills their blogs, message boards, and arenas.

It's easy to spot - it is obvious classlessness......You NEVER see it at Bradley. Bradley's fans are the epitome of class. But those fans of certain other Valley teams are arrogant, boast mightily when they happen to be winning, but even backstab their own team when they're losing -- but never stop ripping on their opponents' teams.

By and large I appreciate the same fans that the teams and schools themselves appreciate. Odd how you never see any of those back-stabbers and constantly critical "pseudo-fans" invited to any exclusive Bradley function, and they really don't even show up to cheer all that often at ANY significant function.

Thus, there are really only 2 Valley teams that I don't follow with respect ...although there's one more kinda sitting on the border the way some of their fans are acting lately.

LOL Truthfully though, you can replace Bradley with any other school name and it would be believable by that team's fans. In that blog he mentions everyone has biases...and obviously he is no different.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » September 6th, 2010, 9:55 pm

I don't know what to say. Does anyone know who writes that blog?
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdmanBB » September 6th, 2010, 10:16 pm

MoValley John wrote:I don't know what to say. Does anyone know who writes that blog?

:lol:

i'll give you 1 guess. He is Bradleyfans #1 embarrassment.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 45otseoj » September 6th, 2010, 10:20 pm

MoValley John wrote:I don't know what to say. Does anyone know who writes that blog?

Yes
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » September 6th, 2010, 10:34 pm

:lol: :lol:

Hypocrisy at its finest!

Who else does he think should be the Valley favorite? I would love to see his picks.. and see how close they came to fruition.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdmanBB » September 6th, 2010, 10:36 pm

WSUbballer wrote::lol: :lol:

Hypocrisy at its finest!

Who else does he think should be the Valley favorite? I would love to see his picks.. and see how close they came to fruition.

why even bother giving him the time of day?
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Hail Our Panthers » September 6th, 2010, 10:39 pm

What a rant he went on there.
Hail Our Panthers
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WSUbballer » September 6th, 2010, 11:04 pm

BirdmanBB wrote:
WSUbballer wrote::lol: :lol:

Hypocrisy at its finest!

why even bother giving him the time of day?

+1. You're exactly right. I am in no way interested in his "unbiased" predictions.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WuDrWu » September 7th, 2010, 4:52 am

He laughs at how bad last year's picks were.....yet he made fun of the guy having the audacity to pick WSU as high as 3.

And I don't think you can knock a guy for picking Jake Kelly when he goes down with knee injury and then call the selection a joke, like everyone should have foreseen the impending ACL tear.
Last edited by WuDrWu on September 7th, 2010, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball