"Review of some preseason college basketball magazines"

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: "Review of some preseason college basketball magazines"

Postby hot nuts » September 12th, 2010, 9:17 pm

Bradley is good, Bradley is great, I surrender my will as of this date. All hail the great Jim Les.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby valleychamp » September 12th, 2010, 9:22 pm

wow. That is really sad. What a loser.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » September 13th, 2010, 12:48 am

Wichita State - this is a really great board and I enjoy going there...
Well run, well moderated...don't see fans trashing themselves and other fans..
(the bad apples who do the non-stop trashing look for places like ValleyTalk or MVCfans)

Can someone translate this? Does he mean the bad apples from Shockernet come here? Does he mean all of the Valley bad apples come here or does he mean that anyone that comes here is a bad apple?
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Little Eddie » September 13th, 2010, 7:18 am

MoValley John wrote:Wichita State - this is a really great board and I enjoy going there...
Well run, well moderated...don't see fans trashing themselves and other fans..
(the bad apples who do the non-stop trashing look for places like ValleyTalk or MVCfans)

Can someone translate this? Does he mean the bad apples from Shockernet come here? Does he mean all of the Valley bad apples come here or does he mean that anyone that comes here is a bad apple?

I'm not sure MVJ, but I did get some good apples from Nebraska City over the weekend...I have one sitting on my desk here at work ready for me to eat. I picked it myself.

Ok...I better stay on topic...I "heart" Shockernet!
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby unipanther99 » September 13th, 2010, 8:32 am

Something tells me the links posted here have given this blog more attention than it's seen in a long time.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby BirdmanBB » September 13th, 2010, 1:59 pm

This guy is unbelievable. I know there are no personal attacks allowed, but this guy is calling out MVC fans now.

Wasn't his first article about class? Does he not realize the hypocricy. I know there are crap fans for every team, but this guy takes it to an extreme.

For you BU posters, I would love to hear your thoughts on this guy trying to be the voice of BU athletics. I know we have an intense ISU/BU rivalry and don't take any offense to this, but I wouldn't want a redbird fan out there blogging and posting on message boards like this and claim they are an authority on my schools athletics. Please tell me not all BU fans are like this, because he is really giving your fanbase a bad name.

This guy needs to chill out and set his priorities straight, because in the end, it is just sports. There are more imprortant things in life than being this obsessive over BU athletics.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » September 13th, 2010, 2:15 pm

BirdmanBB wrote: Please tell me not all BU fans are like this, because he is really giving your fanbase a bad name.

This guy needs to chill out and set his priorities straight, because in the end, it is just sports. There are more imprortant things in life than being this obsessive over BU athletics.

1. No we aren't all like this
2. Yes he is giving some fans a bad name
3. Yes there are more important things than being superfan.

That said--I think some people put WAYYYY too much emphasis in what is said on message boards. I like this board and I post on a few others but I realize they do not speak for the majority of a fan base. The message board posters are still a very small minority of a teams fan base.

I will never post message board links as testaments to the thoughts of an entire fan base. The best thing to do would be to not read the blog anymore. I know I don't waste my time reading some other dudes random ramblings.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » September 13th, 2010, 2:56 pm

I don't think that that Dr. Tornado is giving the Bradley fanbase a bad name and I don't think people read too much into him. I read him all of the time and I love reading him, it is pure humor. I don't take anything I read on any message board too seriously, all posts are simply the opinion of the individual poster. If you noticed, I used the word opinion, not fact. Tornado has his opinions, just as I have my opinions and Troutangler has his opinions. At the end of the day, they are opinions and only opinions about sports.

That said, from what I have heard in many conversations that I have had with Bradley fans, Dr. Tornado takes this stuff really, really seriously and he really believes everything that he posts and he really is that paranoid about Bradley basketball. He really believs that the PJStar has an agenda against the Braves. It is tinfoil hat stuff and laugh out loud funny. I love how according to Dr. Tornado, Bradley has the best fans in the country but he doesn't count all season ticketholders as fans. Season ticketholders that complain about finishing fifth, question the staff, Jim Les and the future of the program aren't really fans, but more people with anti-Bradley agendas. It amazes me that people with anti-Bradley agendas would spend hard earned money purchasing season tickets to move their hate-filled agendas forward. Funny, funny stuff.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » September 13th, 2010, 3:35 pm

As rain moved through the area I just checked the weather here in Omaha. Strangely enough, it is September and we are in a tornado watch until 11:00 PM. It is dark and ominus outside.

Suddenly I put two and two together and wondered if MVCfans shouldn't be under a tornado watch, too.
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » September 13th, 2010, 9:44 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks MVJ for the laughs. Nailed everything perfectly.

I've already spilled my beans with sympathy for CU fans and their "co-publisher", but Bradley fans deserve the most. They are a great fanbase but are misrepresented so poorly by one of their biggest "fans". I'm often reminded of 1930's Germany whenever I venture there. The outlandish propaganda, the zany "speeches" and "rallies", the mind control, the omitted opinions, the overall dictatorship... and most of all... the inane hypocrisy of its leader(s).

Not good. :cry:
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball