"Review of some preseason college basketball magazines"

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: "Review of some preseason college basketball magazines"

Postby MoValley John » September 7th, 2010, 10:14 am

unipanther99 wrote:I just think it's important to remember that while some here disagree with how Bradleyfans is run, it's still a VERY active board with many members seemingly willing to submit to it's rules. It has also been a source for "breaking" news around the Valley over the years.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with that. In fact, I don't think anyone ever has disagreed with that. As I said, I read Bradleyfans and when Tornado chimes in with all of his facts and figures about the activity on bradleyfans, I am one of visitors he is counting. I simply must temper any of his work that I read with a dose of reality.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby landmark » September 7th, 2010, 10:18 am

like i said earlier he can say what he wants, I just wish he would be man enough to come here and discuss his statements. Instead he hides at the mecca and his blog, the sad part is a lot of people there think he is 100% correct since no one ever proves him wrong. His hatred for other Bradley fans is sad to I am not sure if tribe is one of them but he has accused posters of being registered sex offenders just because they don't agree with him. I don't know if his claims are true or not but it has nothing to do with disagreeing with someones thoughts on a basketball team. Someone that claims he is all about class wouldn't pull crap like that.
landmark
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoValley John » September 7th, 2010, 10:27 am

landmark wrote:like i said earlier he can say what he wants, I just wish he would be man enough to come here and discuss his statements. Instead he hides at the mecca and his blog, the sad part is a lot of people there think he is 100% correct since no one ever proves him wrong. His hatred for other Bradley fans is sad to I am not sure if tribe is one of them but he has accused posters of being registered sex offenders just because they don't agree with him. I don't know if his claims are true or not but it has nothing to do with disagreeing with someones thoughts on a basketball team. Someone that claims he is all about class wouldn't pull crap like that.

Class is in the eye of the beholder. And nobody likes to admit that their fanbase is anything but classy.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 322AAZ6L8M
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » September 7th, 2010, 10:31 am

I agree with landmark here. I don't know why tornado and Da Coach don't come to this board to have open discussions with other fans? They kinda stick to the BFans.com board. Certainly their choice but they do a lot of "what other boards/posters" say---without actually engaging in dialogue with the "offending" posters. I don't get that. If you think someone is saying something incorrect about Bradley, or has the wrong information, etc. why not engage in discussion as opposed to calling them out on a totally different forum??? Doesn't make sense.

I do want to point out thing that BUBravesblogger (tornado) has continually been wrong about. I think I know a few of the people he is referring to here but he is so wildly off base its comical. Again, I would ask he come and discuss these things with people who actually know--or, better yet, why not go RIGHT to the source--the people he is referencing, and ask them. Here is the comment I am talking about...

"......some on the Bradley board have hated Bradley for years, are disgruntled ex-BU employees who have been canned, or who still smolder with resentment because they feel Bradley or Jim Les have cheated them and owe them money...."

What is he talking about? Who has hated Bradley for years? Who has been "canned" by Bradley? Who feels Jim Les owes them money? I know he counts me in that group but he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. I also know he includes a few other BU alums I know--of course, he is 100% off base there as well.

Tornado, where do you get this erroneous information? If you want to know about my life, just ask. Fair enough?
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » September 7th, 2010, 10:41 am

I hope they do come here, but calling names (as has already been done here once) probably doesn't help that cause. You can disagree with his/her opinion, you can disagree with the content of the blog posted at the beginning of this thead, but lets not get personal.

Just because Valleytalk had a long running thread about another site, doesn't mean this site needs to. Let's debate the issues, not start a turf war.

If you have a question or problem with how this site is run, I encourage you to contact one of the mods by PM. If you have a question or problem with how another site is run, please direct it to the mods of that site.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MoValley John » September 7th, 2010, 10:52 am

unipanther99 wrote:I hope they do come here, but calling names (as has already been done here once) probably doesn't help that cause. You can disagree with his/her opinion, you can disagree with the content of the blog posted at the beginning of this thead, but lets not get personal.

Just because Valleytalk had a long running thread about another site, doesn't mean this site needs to. Let's debate the issues, not start a turf war.

If you have a question or problem with how this site is run, I encourage you to contact one of the mods by PM. If you have a question or problem with how another site is run, please direct it to the mods of that site.

As I said earlier, this thread should just die...

That said, I hope I wasn't the one that was doing the name calling, I have really been trying hard not to. Whoops, I see the word "tool" slipped out once, I hope that wasn't the namecalling in question. If it was, while some pretty tame namecalling, I apologize. I honestly encourage Tornado to join and post. I promise to be fair, friendly and respectful. However, I also promise never to back down when he is wrong; I will just debate pleasantly.
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » September 7th, 2010, 10:54 am

MoValley John wrote:
unipanther99 wrote:I hope they do come here, but calling names (as has already been done here once) probably doesn't help that cause. You can disagree with his/her opinion, you can disagree with the content of the blog posted at the beginning of this thead, but lets not get personal.

As I said earlier, this thread should just die...

That said, I hope I wasn't the one that was doing the name calling, I have really been trying hard not to. Whoops, I see the word "tool" slipped out once, I hope that wasn't the namecalling in question. If it was, while some pretty tame namecalling, I apologize. I honestly encourage Tornado to join and post. I promise to be fair, friendly and respectful. However, I also promise never to back down when he is wrong; I will just debate pleasantly.

What he said :)
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdfan21 » September 7th, 2010, 11:00 am

Just delete this thread... it's just making his big head bigger by having an entire thread dedicated to him and his foolishness...
Redbirdfan21
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WSUbballer » September 7th, 2010, 11:33 am

I pretty much agree with everything MVJ and tribe said. user1 was a frequent poster at VT until he engaged into a "message board activity war" and was shut down and hasn't been out of the Mecca since. It doesn't take much to openly call out people and moan and groan about certain things all from inside his "safe buffer zone", especially considering that zone is extra cushiony by a clever delete button which can simply be touched when somebody disagrees with him.

Step up to the plate or continue to sit down with the bat girls. The choice is yours.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » September 7th, 2010, 1:55 pm

WSUbballer wrote:I pretty much agree with everything MVJ and tribe said. user1 was a frequent poster at VT until he engaged into a "message board activity war" and was shut down and hasn't been out of the Mecca since. It doesn't take much to openly call out people and moan and groan about certain things all from inside his "safe buffer zone", especially considering that zone is extra cushiony by a clever delete button which can simply be touched when somebody disagrees with him.

Step up to the plate or continue to sit down with the bat girls. The choice is yours.

Doesn't that depend on what the bat girls look like and/or how they fit in their uniforms? :twisted:

Otherwise, I agree.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball