Midnight Madness

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Midnight Madness

Postby MoValley John » September 11th, 2010, 10:39 pm

I really am not a fan of these things. That said, I know a lot of people here love that stuff, so be my guest and enjoy these events. While I would watch a crappy exhibition game, I just can't get amped up about watching a "practice." I know they do dunk competitions and all sorts of other stuff, but as Allen Iverson once so aptly said, "we talking about practice. Not a game, practice."

"What are we talking about? Practice."

I'm dying to embed the video, but here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby SubGod22 » September 12th, 2010, 6:42 am

Wichita State has one. They need to work out a few kinks but it's nice to finally get a chance to see the guys in action and get a glimpse of the new guys.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bcg » September 12th, 2010, 7:58 am

Bradley will be hosting a midnight madness in the new arena. I don't remember BU hosting one before.
bcg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby jlandrus11 » September 12th, 2010, 10:58 am

Indiana State has something like that, but it's not at midnight. It's usually around 5-8 at night at Hulman Center. They usually have an autograph session outside the HC before the practice session. It's called the Big Blue Block Party.
jlandrus11
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby goUEaces » September 12th, 2010, 4:20 pm

The Aces also have something called Hoopfest. It sounds a lot like the Indiana State one. An autograph session, player introduction, three-point contest, dunk-contest, and a scrimmage. It's usually around the end of October, and it starts around 7 pm.
goUEaces
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby unipanther99 » September 12th, 2010, 4:52 pm

UNI hasn't really had anything like that in a while, but I wonder if they will do something this year, taking advantage of last year's success.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby 45otseoj » September 12th, 2010, 5:57 pm

goUEaces wrote:The Aces also have something called Hoopfest. It sounds a lot like the Indiana State one. An autograph session, player introduction, three-point contest, dunk-contest, and a scrimmage. It's usually around the end of October, and it starts around 7 pm.

IlSU has "Hoopsfest" too. Same festivities. ISU's is lucky enough to fall on homecoming Friday this season!
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby pantherrob82 » September 13th, 2010, 1:08 pm

unipanther99 wrote:UNI hasn't really had anything like that in a while, but I wonder if they will do something this year, taking advantage of last year's success.

That would be nice.
pantherrob82
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Khan4Cats » September 13th, 2010, 9:44 pm

I don't see UNI doing anything like this as they haven't at all during Jake's tenure and it just doesn't seem to be in his style to do anything "flashy".

Besides, what fun would there be in watching a team work on diving after loose balls, boxing out for rebounds, passing around a perimeter for an open shot and lay-up drills. :?

Everyone knows we couldn't have a dunk competition as none of our unathletic white players are capable of that. ;)
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snapshot9 » September 13th, 2010, 10:45 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:Everyone knows we couldn't have a dunk competition as none of our unathletic white players are capable of that. ;)

Now, that is funny!!!
Snapshot9
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball