Official MVCfans.com Prediction - 5th Place

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will finish in 5th place during the 2010-2011 MVC mens basketball season?

Bradley
46%
Creighton
16%
Missouri State
12%
Northern Iowa
18%
Wichita State
7%

Total votes : 67

Re: Official MVCfans.com Prediction - 5th Place

Postby WSUbballer » September 15th, 2010, 2:49 pm

MVCfans wrote:
MoValley John wrote:Is there any way that we can see who voted for whom? If this was a public poll, it would be interesting.

A similar question was asked by baller a few weeks ago and I am reposting it below. I agree with DUBulldog's response.

WSUbballer wrote:Is there any way to make the polls "public" like they were with vbulletin on ValleyTalk?

DUBulldog: I never really like that feature......it caused some of the posters over on VT to make personal attacks based on the way somebody voted. I'm not sure why anybody would care who voted which way.

If people want to talk about who they voted for, and why, good for them....but, I think people should be able to vote anonymously without wondering if they're going to get attacked for the way they voted.

Is there any way you can bring back to life the post that magically disappeared in response to his?
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shockalot » September 16th, 2010, 7:54 pm

I judge Bradley to be more likely to be in the top 4 this year, even without a strong or proven front court. My pick for 5th spot is NIU, though I think 2 through 6 spot could be very competitive.
shockalot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby hot nuts » September 17th, 2010, 8:54 am

shockalot wrote:I judge Bradley to be more likely to be in the top 4 this year, even without a strong or proven front court. My pick for 5th spot is NIU, though I think 2 through 6 spot could be very competitive.

Good thing first place is a foregone runaway conclusion. :roll:
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby unipanther99 » September 17th, 2010, 9:13 am

shockalot wrote:I judge Bradley to be more likely to be in the top 4 this year, even without a strong or proven front court. My pick for 5th spot is NIU, though I think 2 through 6 spot could be very competitive.

Are you taking at jab at Northern Iowa, or do you just not know our initials are UNI? Just curious.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby shockalot » September 17th, 2010, 10:55 am

I understand the frustration over not being the team chosen to be at the top of the conference. UNI was the "runaway" favorite last year, though WSU showed they were more than capable of beating them and surprised most everyone outside of WSU fandom by taking 2nd. No, I never believe in absolute predictions, but clearly WSU is a rational selection for 1st this year if one is making such predictions. MSU has a shot, for that matter so does everyone else as they all start out 0 and 0. But before the games are played you weigh the evidence and if you are able to set aside emotion laden loyalty you pick favorites. When the game is being played you pull for your team regardless of the predicted outcome.
No intended shot at UNI just a slip of the keypad. You can think it Freudian or otherwise if you want but I really don't have a considered opinion on how NIU will do.
shockalot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WuDrWu » September 17th, 2010, 10:57 am

hot nuts wrote:

I don't believe he thinks that, but I should let him speak for himself. WSU will be the favorite, and should be, but it is FAR from certain.

The only real lock is Evansville finishing last.
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby 45otseoj » September 17th, 2010, 10:57 am

shockalot wrote:You can think it Freudian or otherwise if you want but I really don't have a considered opinion on how NIU will do.

:lol:
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby unipanther99 » September 17th, 2010, 11:03 am

shockalot wrote:I understand the frustration over not being the team chosen to be at the top of the conference. UNI was the "runaway" favorite last year, though WSU showed they were more than capable of beating them and surprised most everyone outside of WSU fandom by taking 2nd. No, I never believe in absolute predictions, but clearly WSU is a rational selection for 1st this year if one is making such predictions. MSU has a shot, for that matter so does everyone else as they all start out 0 and 0. But before the games are played you weigh the evidence and if you are able to set aside emotion laden loyalty you pick favorites. When the game is being played you pull for your team regardless of the predicted outcome.
No intended shot at UNI just a slip of the keypad. You can think it Freudian or otherwise if you want but I really don't have a considered opinion on how NIU will do.

Has any UNI poster shown "frustration" over UNI not being picked 1st? I can't remember seeing any UNI poster predicting we would win again this year. I think 2nd-6th is probably about right.

I also have no idea how the Huskies will do this year. They lost a couple of key players from last year's team.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby hot nuts » September 17th, 2010, 11:43 am

WuDrWu wrote:
hot nuts wrote:

I don't believe he thinks that, but I should let him speak for himself. WSU will be the favorite, and should be, but it is FAR from certain.

The only real lock is Evansville finishing last.

I was just funnin you a little. SWU is certainly the far and away popular pick to win the VMC for good reason. Once the season starts then we find out if they are that far ahead of the pack.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WuDrWu » September 17th, 2010, 3:46 pm

If UNI 3peats then every coach should be fired except Ben and he should be given a lifetime contract at the BCS school of his choice.
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball