Bradley Schedule Released

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby tribecalledquest » September 14th, 2010, 2:19 pm

http://www.bradleybraves.com/SportSelec ... PSID=19332

There is the Bradley schedule. The HOF Tipoff thing became screwy but not really Bradley's fault. They signed on a long time ago and trusted the process. Pretty decent schedule. I have been critical of Jim Les in some ways but the schedule isn't one of them. He has always been willing to play teams and play a legit schedule for the MVC. He did a pretty nice job again. Not great, but nothing awful either.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bradley Schedule Released

Postby 45otseoj » September 14th, 2010, 4:58 pm

I see they don't have any regular season games scheduled at their new arena.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » September 14th, 2010, 6:09 pm

45otseoj wrote:I see they don't have any regular season games scheduled at their new arena.

No. And thats good. Im not one who got all ticked off about it--the school should do what it wants I guess. But Im glad Bradley is playing all of its real games on its real court. Carver Arena isn't perfect but it at least has the feel of a "big time" college arena. Something a 3,800 seat on-campus arena would not. Good move Bradley.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdmanBB » September 15th, 2010, 2:33 pm

i'm guessing they will have something like 16-18 wins at the end of the regular season. This is mainly due to their tough non-con.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » September 15th, 2010, 5:20 pm

Hey, it's not like we're the first Valley school to play a D-II
At least we take a D-II game only on last recourse instead of going out and looking for them...
4 of the other 9 MVC schools had a D-II scheduled last year, and 6 of the 9 other MVC schools had one in 2008-2009,
and 7 of the other 9 had one in 2007-2008 with Drake actually having TWO in the very year that was their best year ever!
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » September 15th, 2010, 5:27 pm

MoValley John wrote:and 7 of the other 9 had one in 2007-2008 with Drake actually having TWO in the very year that was their best year ever!

Technically, it was one Division 2 team and one Divison 3 team.....but the D2 team wasn't actually scheduled by Drake....it was part of a tournament out west.

And, I'll disagree with you about 2007-08 being Drake's best year ever. Most wins ever in a season....yep....best season ever, nope.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby squirrel » September 16th, 2010, 12:41 pm

BirdmanBB wrote:i'm guessing they will have something like 16-18 wins at the end of the regular season. This is mainly due to their tough non-con.

I don't know about that. If BU doesn't enter the Duke game unbeaten, that will be a disappointment. 1 Loss is probably more realistic, but there isn't a game on there that they *should* lose before that game.

Any more than 3 total non-con losses is unacceptable.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 45otseoj » September 16th, 2010, 1:15 pm

squirrel wrote:
BirdmanBB wrote:i'm guessing they will have something like 16-18 wins at the end of the regular season. This is mainly due to their tough non-con.

I don't know about that. If BU doesn't enter the Duke game unbeaten, that will be a disappointment. 1 Loss is probably more realistic, but there isn't a game on there that they *should* lose before that game.

Any more than 3 total non-con losses is unacceptable.

I'd put them down for 20. Just too many scoring threats. They'll win and lose some games they shouldn't. That's the gamble you get with the Les philosophy.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TylerDurden » September 17th, 2010, 10:47 am

MoValley John wrote:Hey, it's not like we're the first Valley school to play a D-II
At least we take a D-II game only on last recourse instead of going out and looking for them...
4 of the other 9 MVC schools had a D-II scheduled last year, and 6 of the 9 other MVC schools had one in 2008-2009,
and 7 of the other 9 had one in 2007-2008 with Drake actually having TWO in the very year that was their best year ever!

Would you please cite your sources? That's almost premium content.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball