William Jewell @ MO State Exhibition #2

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: William Jewell @ MO State Exhibition #2

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 1st, 2011, 9:46 pm

2livewu wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:It totally is. I absolutely loved the U when I was younger. They represented everything I loved about football. They were so much bolder than the other powerhouses of that time. I envied there swagger for sure. When they showed up wearing camo gear at that bowl game. Gosh, I really loved it. But the thing is that they didn't care what the lily white fans thought. I'd love for our Bears to be the same. Minus the drug problems and rampant cheating.

Wow, I sincerely feel pity for you. By any chance, did you eat paint chips when you were younger?

I think a better question for Casey may be --- Do you like bikes?
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby WSUbballer » November 1st, 2011, 9:57 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:I obviously did a poor job of making my point and now this will simply dissolve into a typical he said she said rendition of past ills. What I was trying to convey was people will see Kyle's behavior whichever way they want to, but either way it had nothing to do with the topic of this thread. You want to go back and debate that issue, start a thread about it. I doubt it impacts anybodys opinion but at least it won't have to derail a thread about an exhibition game. This place will dissolve quickly into VTII if every thread is an opportunity to dig up old mud instead of staying with the topic at hand. I apologize for my own role in this .

And baller you might note you used the phrase " blindly loyal" before I said insecure nut job, so don't play the innocent semantics game. I think if you also reread my original post that while I quoted you I was responding to the post by "red" as I referenced him by saying he was still crying about it a year later. But whatever.

This forum is not even close to a ValleyTalk. The only time it has resembled that site is when you made a personal attack on me (and I think labeling somebody as "blindly loyal" is far different than calling somebody "an insecure nutjob"). Having a discussion about a certain player and their demonstrations during a basketball game and having you or your fanbase not agree with it does not make this place ValleyTalk II. The debate is fairly clean and it does, in fact, involve things seen and done on a basketball court. I agree it went somewhat off-topic from the thread but I think it would have gotten a worse reaction if an entire thread was created just for that opinion.

I think the points have been made and certain fans may be skewed in their beliefs when their own players are performing the actions than if you were just a casual observer or opposing fan watching him.

What was your name on ValleyTalk, as I don't recall there ever being a guy with your name on there?
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » November 1st, 2011, 9:59 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:If people want to believe what they saw from Kyle last year was "over the top" not much to say to counter that.

See that's the thing though - it wasn't just last year. I remember a CU-WSU game in Omaha his freshman year. CU had the game in hand and Weems, after making a nice play, stared down the CU bench and pointed as he ran back down court.

I remember watching that game. It was a CU-MSU game though.. :D

But DJA's point is valid. This was something that didn't just happen during MSU's championship season or championship-clinching game. It has happened throughout his career.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » November 2nd, 2011, 6:30 am

Funny when there was a thread about recruiting scandals that metioned both a current WSU player and the most recent former coach, much was made about that shouldn't be a basis for everyone piling on about the very extensive history of WSU and even though that thread was directly about that very subject, cheating, we were supposed to ignore any past implications.

This thread had absolutely nothing to do about Kyle or any players demonstrative behaviors,it was an attempt to talk positively about the play of a couple new MSU players, and someone threw a comment in about Kyle and Zo that had nothing to do with the topic at hand. That is exactly the kind of thing that ruined VT, just because it hasn't become as vicious here yet doesn't change the intent.

As far as Kyle's behavior, I don't know anyone who has ever denied he does some of those things. I've never defended them, I just laugh at how big a deal some make of a kid thumping his chest. But hey, have at it. :Yea!:
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUDuo » November 2nd, 2011, 7:32 am

WSUbballer wrote:If somebody acted like that on another team, you'd be doing the same thing. You're just blindly loyal apparently.

And if he was on your team you wouldn't care either. You're blindly loyal apparently...
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball