This basketball site is dead, we should just give up

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby MoValley John » September 15th, 2010, 6:46 am

Just basing this on the reports coming out of Peoria, MVCfans is dead.

But he can't control other boards, and there is this thread on another site, which is otherwise quite dead-
http://mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=141

http://bubravesblogger.blogspot.com/201 ... -more.html
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: This basketball site is dead, we should just give up

Postby Little Eddie » September 15th, 2010, 7:27 am

Dam it...just when I thought this site was going to be successful, it gets the kiss of death. Nice knowing all of you...not sure if and when we'll see you guys again...sad that it had to end this way. Good luck to all the Valley teams this season and seasons to come.
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby landmark » September 15th, 2010, 7:39 am

damn, i was just liking it here
landmark
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoValley John » September 15th, 2010, 8:03 am

I was just beginning to like it here as well. Imagine my surprise when I read that this place is dead. Yep, we were declaired dead and it must be true, tornado is a doctor.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » September 15th, 2010, 8:12 am

It's funny, because it looks like he's trying to say "look at this thread, but don't look at anything else on that site."
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MoValley John » September 15th, 2010, 8:30 am

I just feel empty. I've always said that I don't want to read about myself in the obituary, but that is how it felt. I was minding my own business, reading the blog and POW! Dead!

I don't feel dead, this site doesn't appear dead, yet the site (and a part of me) is dead none the less. This must be the way it is, I saw the movie Beetlejuice and that is how death was portrayed; you were dead, not part of the real world, but still could see and have some impact on what was going on around you.

MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bigdawg » September 15th, 2010, 9:44 am

That blog should be six feet under. I'm guessing that everytime someone links to it he is thrilled and I don't know why we keep linking that garbage.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » September 15th, 2010, 11:28 am

If the site is so "dead", how did he even bother finding it out? Or more importantly, why did he even bother looking at it?

This site just doesn't live up to the activity of a bradleyfans.com or a ncaabbs.com (site linked in MVJ's sig).
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snapshot9 » September 15th, 2010, 1:08 pm

Does that mean I should quit coming here everyday...lol
Snapshot9
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby landmark » September 15th, 2010, 1:12 pm

WSUbballer wrote:If the site is so "dead", how did he even bother finding it out? Or more importantly, why did he even bother looking at it?

This site just doesn't live up to the activity of a bradleyfans.com or a ncaabbs.com (site linked in MVJ's sig).

ya we just can't compete with two brothers that spend every waking minute looking at every sports site, message board, twitter account in order to post the info on their site likes it breaking news you cant get any where else.
landmark
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball