Shocker frosh Ede Egharevba leaving team?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby ShockValue » November 9th, 2011, 7:34 am

He hasn't been practicing and did not play last night. Looks like he will not remain on the team.
ShockValue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Shocker frosh Ede Egharevba leaving team?

Postby glm38 » November 9th, 2011, 4:19 pm

Would this be a big loss for the Shockers?
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » November 9th, 2011, 4:51 pm

If it ends up being true, in a word, no. If anything, it makes the end of the season decisions a little easier. The young man has the physical ability and natural talent to excel, but doesn't seem to possess the willingness to develop those abilities through hard work, at least not to the level needed for D1 basketball at WSU.

By all accounts he's a nice young man and a good student. Hope he finds his way, one way or the other.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » November 9th, 2011, 5:36 pm

So, what is the deal with this? Why is he leaving?
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 9th, 2011, 5:59 pm

The culture shock from moving from sleepy Queens, NY to the hubbub of Wichita was probably too much to overcome.

Honestly the Shocks should be fine. I have never heard of this person even. Can't be too significant.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Haha » November 9th, 2011, 6:27 pm

valleychamp wrote:So, what is the deal with this? Why is he leaving?

It didn't exactly specify but I get from the following quote below that he wasn't willing to work hard enough for Marshall and decided to move on. Really this year he was behind Murry, Smith, and Wessel for playing time at the 3 and honestly after seeing Wessel he was going to be behind him in the future as well without putting in the work.

Egharevba in limbo — WSU freshman Ede Egharevba did not play Tuesday and may not be a Shocker much longer.
"Ede is deciding if he wants to be a part of our program," Marshall said. "Not everybody is cut out to play Division I basketball, especially here. Ede is a good kid, good student."
Marshall said Egharevba remains in school. He is not practicing.
"It will come to a head real soon, but right now he is not with us," Marshall said.
Egharevba, a 6-foot-6 forward, is from Queens, N.Y. He was considered a candidate for a redshirt season.

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2011/11/08/209536 ... z1dG2C6Q2U

Granted from reading this he is still around, but some who are spacebook friends or whatever that crap is with him say he took down all his WSU stuff and said something along the lines of can't wait to move on. Who knows maybe he will stay. Good luck to him in the future whatever he decides.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SubGod22 » November 10th, 2011, 9:53 am

I've gotten the feeling that work ethic isn't there and he didn't want to redshirt. Sounds like his best option is to transfer at semester to a lower level school back east or a JUCO and go from there. The kid does have the ability to be quite a player if he really wants to be. And if things get patched up and he stays I'll be happy. If he chooses to leave, I wish him well and hope we get a LOI from Teddy in a few days.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » November 11th, 2011, 2:05 pm

Ede is transferring at semester break. Says it just wasn't the right fit.

http://www.kansas.com/2011/11/11/2098832/wichita-state-freshman-eghraveba.html

That stuff happens. It's probably best to just part ways. In those situations, it's generally better to do it sooner rather than later.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball